This linguine salad takes me back to my childhood. My Mom made it for every cookout and picnic she ever hosted. Why? Because it’s easy and good!
Every cookout or backyard bbq party needs a pasta salad. This salad is summer! Fresh ingredients tossed with Italian dressing make it a side dish that will hold up to the heat.
Because there is no mayonnaise in this recipe an outdoor setting is fine. Growing up my parents entertained a lot. Cocktail parties, picnics, backyard gatherings, it was a very fun time in my childhood.
I have always loved this recipe, the ease of preparation, it’s simplicity, the great flavor, and the fact that it can be made ahead.
But it had been years and years since I’d made it. Why? Because I lost the only copy of the recipe I had, that was written in my Mom’s handwriting. It is easy, but I wanted to get it right. Then I found it, then lost it again.
This time when I found it, I made it. My family loved it! I mean, what’s not to love?! My Mom’s original recipe called for a bottle of Wishbone Italian dressing, which I’m not sure is even on the market now.
Leftovers are not a problem if you even have any. This linguine salad will keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days after your party.
Other delicious side dishes for your cookout include:
- 1 (16 ounces) box linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium cucumbers, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 envelope Good Seasons Italian Dressing
- Oil, Vinegar, and Water to prepare Italian dressing
- Prepare linguine according to package directions. Before placing linguine into the boiling water, break pasta in half. Once cooked, drain, and transfer to a serving bowl. Toss with olive oil so it won't stick. Cool.
- Prepare the Good Seasons Italian dressing. Set aside.
- Add chopped vegetables to pasta. Add half of the Italian dressing and toss well. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover pasta salad and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight so flavors can meld. Refrigerate remaining dressing.
- Before serving, toss mixture. Taste and add more dressing and seasonings as necessary.
- Store any leftover linguine salad in the refrigerator.
Saturday #BBQWeek Recipes
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies by Our Crafty Mom
- Dijon Pork Kabobs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Italian Sub Pasta Salad by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Keto Lemonade by Our Good Life
- Mom’s Linguine Salad by Family Around the Table
- Sourdough Pretzel Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Watermelon Lemonade by Making Miracles