An easy weekend breakfast, these mini ham, cheese and onion frittatas can also be made ahead and reheated in a microwave for a busy weekday morning.
There are a few things I really like about this recipe. First this only makes eight mini frittatas, which is perfect for a small family. However, if you want to increase the number of servings, for say a buffet, you can easily do so. Second, it’s the perfect recipe for leftovers. I had leftover ham from a holiday dinner and used a fair amount of it up.
Can I just say how much I love that these look like little ham and cheese frittata muffins?
Third, this recipe is easily customizable. Substitute bacon or sausage for the ham or omit it completely. Add your favorite vegetables. If you have leftover vegetables, broccoli or asparagus for example, they would also be delicious in this recipe, as would spinach, peas or bell peppers. Furthermore, it’s a great way to clean out the fridge. Especially after a holiday or big party such as a game day gathering.
Mini Ham, Cheese and Onion Frittatas
- 6 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Coat 8 muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended.
- Divide ham and cheese among eight prepared muffin cups. Top with egg mixture, filling cups three-fourths full.
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Carefully run a knife around sides to loosen.