Mini muffins are so fun to make and my family loves these chocolate chip mini muffins. Perfect for a quick snack or as a treat to tuck into a lunch box.
If you can’t make these now, Pin Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins to make later.
When I host a brunch at home, whether it’s during the holidays or just to have friends over, I love including mini muffins on the menu.
If you’ve ever attended a brunch at a fancy restaurant or country club, the pastry bar has a selection of sweets, including muffins.
Sometimes it’s an assortment of jumbo or regular muffins, sometimes mini muffins and sometimes both.
I love offering a selection of mini’s because that way guests can get a sampling of flavors.
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
Another recipe that uses pantry staples. These mini muffins are also just the right size to tuck into a lunch box or take to work as a mid-morning snack.
- Pure Vanilla Extract (I use Rodelle vanilla)
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Mini Chocolate Chips (I used semi-sweet)
One thing I really love about this mini chocolate chip muffin recipe is that I usually have all the ingredients on hand, allowing me to make them on a moment’s notice.
Maybe you don’t want to make mini muffins. Maybe you want to make regular size. This recipe is totally adaptable. You will probably get 12 – 18 regular size muffins. Just line the muffin tin with paper liners and adjust the cooking time, starting with 5-minute increments until they are done.
These are tips and tricks for making this recipe.
- Whether you decide to make mini muffins or regular size muffins use paper muffin cups.
- Don’t overbake. In my experience the tops do not get browned. That’s OK but know this going into the recipe and don’t extend the baking time looking for browned tops.
- Be sure to preheat the oven and get the filled muffin in the oven right away. If the mufifns sit you risk the mini chips sinking and not being distributed evenly.
- If making the mini muffins, use mini chocolate chips. The regular size will overpower them.
- It’s OK to substitute regular chocolate chips in regular sized muffins.
More Mini Muffin Recipes
Welcome to #BrunchWeek 2020 hosted by Love and Confections and A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures! This is our 8th year while it is a little different this time around, 22 bloggers are excited to share favorite brunch recipes. There is a huge variety. Enjoy!
More Brunch Recipes
- Biscuit Ebelskiver by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins by Family Around the Table
- Home Fries by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins Recipe
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line mini muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, then milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture just until combined. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop spoon about 1 tablespoon of batter into prepared mini-muffin tins.
- Bake at 375F until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 10-12 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.