Mini muffins are so fun to make and my family loves these chocolate chip mini muffins. Perfect for a quick snack or as a treat to tuck into a lunch box.
When I host a brunch at home, whether it’s during the holidays or just to have friends over, I love including mini muffins on the menu.
If you’ve ever attended a brunch at a fancy restaurant or country club, the pastry bar has a selection of sweets, including muffins.
Sometimes it’s an assortment of jumbo or regular muffins, sometimes mini muffins and sometimes both.
I love offering a selection of mini’s because that way guests can get a sampling of flavors.
One thing I really love about this recipe is that I usually have all the ingredients on hand, allowing me to make them on a moment’s notice.
Maybe you don’t want to make mini muffins. Maybe you want to make regular size. This recipe is totally adaptable. You will probably get 12 – 18 regular size muffins. Just line the muffin tin with paper liners and adjust the cooking time, starting with 5-minute increments until they are done.
More Mini Muffin Recipes:Chocolate chip mini muffins are an easy snack or lunch box treat. Everyone is sure to enjoy them.
Welcome to #BrunchWeek 2020 hosted by Love and Confections and A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures! This is our 8th year while it is a little different this time around, 22 bloggers are excited to share favorite brunch recipes. There is a huge variety including French toast, danish, muffins, waffles, pancakes, fruit salad, cocktails, mocktails, vegan, keto, and plenty of desserts! Enjoy!
Visiting these recipes results in a new window opening to view them.
- Einspänner (Viennese Coffee with Whipped Cream) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Strawberry Rhubarb Mimosas by Kate’s Recipe Box
Bread, Grains, and Cereal Recipes
- Biscuit Ebelskiver by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bourbon Pecan French Toast Casserole by Love & Confections
- Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins by Family Around the Table
- Homemade Cream Cheese Danish by Big Bears Wife
- Soft Summer Herb Bread Knots by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy and Airy Cheese Soufflé for Two by Making Miracles
- Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Roll-Ups by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Fruit and Veggie Recipes
Meat, Poultry, and Fish Recipes
- Turkey and Cheese Rollups by The Mandatory Mooch
- Vegan Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Burrito by Happily Curated Chaos
- Chocolate Raspberry Crumb Bars by Sweet Beginnings
- Cookies and Cream Macarons by April Golightly
- German Plum Cake (Pflaumenkuchen) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Keto Cheesecake Fluff by Keto Basic AF
- Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line mini muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, then milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture just until combined. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop spoon about 1 tablespoon of batter into prepared mini-muffin tins.
- Bake at 375F until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 10-12 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.