Individual Parsley Chive Bubble Breads are not only fun to make but fun to eat. Plus who doesn’t love getting an individual loaf of bread with dinner? Delicious to serve with soup too.
I don’t often use frozen bread dough and I honestly don’t know why. It’s so versatile, easy to use, and gets fresh bread on the table in no time.
What ingredients do I need for Parsley Chive Bubble Breads?
You just need 4 ingredients and a little time to thaw the frozen dinner rolls.
- Frozen Bread Dinner Rolls – Find them in the freezer section near the other frozen loaves of bread. I used Rhodes Bake-N-Serv® brand.
- Butter – Use unsalted if you have it. Salted works too.
- Fresh Parsley – Use Italian parsley rather than curly.
- Fresh Chives – Found in the produce section with other fresh herbs.
What equipment do I need for individual monkey bread?
- Mini Loaf Pans – While you could make this as one large monkey bread, individual ones are so much fun.
- Kitchen Shears – Shears make the task of cutting the dinner rolls easy. Trust me, it’s faster than using a knife. Do not use regular scissors. Every kitchen should have a good pair of kitchen shears.
- Basting Brush – You want to brush the melted butter in the pans so the flavor is on all of the bread dough, not just the top.
- Ramekin – For melting the butter and herbs but there are so many uses for ramekins.
- Tongs – Not completely necessary however it keeps your hands from getting messy.
Using the melted butter, brush the loaf pans to grease them. I considered not doing this step since I was dipping the dough pieces in butter but didn’t want to take the chance that the bread wouldn’t release from the pan.
Kitchen shears make quick work of cutting the rolls. Use five rolls cut into quarters for each bubble loaf. It may not look like enough when in the pan, but trust me, it is. Leaving them whole would just be too much bread. (Did I just say that?!)
After you dip the cut bread dough in the butter mixture, just place them in a random order in the mini loaf pans.
See how the pan isn’t all that full but once they are left to rise, they fill it out. Put the dough pieces in each pan in very random order. It makes for more interesting-looking loaves of bread. I thought the Rhodes Bake-N-Serv® dinner rolls would take longer to thaw but it was only about 30 minutes or so.
How do I serve loaves of individual bubble bread?
I served these individual parsley chive bubble breads on a night we had baby back ribs. While some might say they could be shared among two people my teenage boys would politely disagree.
This holiday pork roast with red wine mushroom gravy would also be perfect! Use the bread to dip in the divine gravy.
It’s so fun to pull them apart.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It starts with frozen bread dough.
- It’s easy.
- It’s fun for guests to have their own mini loaf of bread with dinner.
- It’s full of flavor.
- It’s different and unexpected so your guests are sure to love them.
The result will be golden brown loaves of bread. I did not brush them with butter prior to baking but rather, did so when they came out of the oven. They are a bit crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I can see making many varieties with other herbs. I think the possibilities are endless.
If you like surprising family and guests with individual portions try these monkey bread biscuits.
- 20 frozen dinner rolls, thawed, I used Rhodes Bake-N-Serv®, cut into quarters
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Add half the parsley and chives to the melted butter. Brush 3 mini loaf pans with melted butter.
- Dip each cut piece of dough into the melted butter.
- Into each mini loaf pan, place 20 pieces of bread. Remember, each roll is cut into fourths. It would be the equivalent of 5 rolls.
- Cover each loaf pan with plastic wrap and allow to rise until double in size, about 45 minutes.
- Once the bread has doubled in size, preheat oven to 350 degrees. F. Place mini loaf pans on a baking sheet and bake 18 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven, brush with any remaining butter and remove from pans. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.