This post contains affiliate links. I make a small commission if a purchase is made through the link.
There are so many recipes in the Taste of Home 100 Family Meals cookbook that I want to try. I was looking for a quick and different bread recipe one evening and came across this monkey bread biscuits recipe. To make it even better I had all the ingredients on hand, which rarely happens when I find a recipe I want to try.
Monkey bread biscuits are fun for kids and fun to make. I always have refrigerated biscuits in my stash. This recipe uses the flaky version but if you only have the buttermilk, they will work too. They will be more dense but still good. Don’t worry about forming them in any special way, you just bake them in a 12-cup muffin tin.
The recipe uses Italian seasoning but you could really use whatever flavors you like. You could also use fresh herbs in place of the dried. Try dill, rosemary or chives for a twist. I also melted additional butter to brush on when the came out of the oven. If you have any leftover, they will keep overnight wrapped in foil. Reheat in a toaster oven or oven. The microwave will make them rubbery.
This is the second recipe I’ve made from the cookbook. You can read my review and get the recipe for turkey biscuit stew. As I mentioned before, I have many more recipes to try and you will see them on the blog.
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425°. Separate biscuits; cut each into six pieces. In a large bowl, combine butter, garlic and Italian seasoning; add biscuit pieces and toss to coat.
- Place four pieces in each of 12 greased muffin cups. Sprinkle with cheese and additional Italian seasoning. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.