Enjoy chocolate chip pumpkin bread as a snack, sweet breakfast treat, or tuck into a lunchbox for a surprise.
Pin Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread for later.
Pumpkin is the quintessential fall flavor. Many people wait, anxiously, for that tinge of coolness in the air to make something with pumpkin.
This moist quick bread has a soft, tender crumb and is full of pumpkin flavor. In addition to a wonderful taste, your house will smell like fall.
My Mom loved this chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe. It gave me great pleasure to know how much she enjoyed it.
Whenever I would visit her in the fall she would ask me if I brought her pumpkin bread. I started bringing it to her regularly. It always put a smile on her face. She devoured it!
Can I make mini loaves of Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread?
The answer is simply, YES! Originally, the recipe made 6 mini loaves but I converted it to make 2 regular size loaves. The adjusted baking time is noted in the recipe.
The mini loaves are perfect for gift giving or to give your guests at a dinner party to take home. I prefer using milk chocolate chips but semi-sweet or bittersweet would be good too.
Chocolate chip pumpkin bread comes together quickly. You can make 2 large loaves or 6 mini ones that are perfect for gift giving! #pumpikin
I do not use an electric mixer for this recipe. With the amount of sugar and flour, I find it easier to mix by hand with a wooden spoon. Less messy too. Over-mixing will make the bread tougher too. Chocolate chip pumpkin is a flavor combination that will surely become a favorite in your home.
Craving more pumpkin recipes this fall? Check out these goodies:
- Iced Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Easy Pumpkin Spice Pull-Apart Bread with Cinnamon Vanilla Glaze
- Gigi’s Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Bread
- Glazed Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
A delicious seasonal bread that makes 2 loaves. One to keep one to share.
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- 2 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 (15 ounce) can 100% pure pumpkin
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet, milk or bittersweet
- Cooking spray
- Spray 6 mini loaf pans or 2 9x5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray with flour.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Pour melted butter, pumpkin, beaten eggs, and water on top of dry ingredients. Mix until combined. Add chocolate chips and stir gently. Pour the mixture into prepared 6 mini loaf pans or 2 9x5-inch loaf pans until each is ⅔ full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes for mini loaf pans or 65 to 70 minutes for larger pans.
- Let breads cool in pans 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Liz @ Books n' Cooks says
I have a friend that would love this recipe – she’s been all about the pumpkin bread this fall. I bet my little guy would really like this too