Classic Cornbread Muffins are easy to make and serve as a delicious side dish to so many entrees. They are deliciously tender and sweet and reminiscent of the Cracker Barrel cornbread recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, an Instacart Tastemaker, as well as a member of other various affiliate programs, I earn a nominal commission if products are purchased through links at no additional charge to you.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These corn muffins are very much like the Cracker Barrel corn muffin recipe.
- This is a recipe that comes together quickly. You can have them in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- They are perfect to serve with BBQ Chicken, ribs, and other cookout favorites.
- Cornbread muffins are a staple to serve with chili.
- Leftovers are easily reheated.
- Use leftover muffins for cornbread stuffing.
What do I need to make cornbread?
For ingredients, you will need the following:
- Yellow Cornmeal
- Baking Powder
- Unsalted Butter
What can I serve with Cornbread?
These cornbread muffins pair nicely with both Southern and Southwestern dishes.
Cornbread and cornbread muffins are the quintessential sides to chili whether you’re serving a vegetarian chili that’s easily made in a crockpot, a freezer chili and rice casserole, a turkey chili without beans, or a more traditional hearty beef chili with beans.
If you like to drizzle honey over your cornbread muffins, try hot honey!
Tips and Suggestions
- Don’t overmix the batter.
- If you want a crispy edge on the muffins, don’t use paper liners.
- Spice up these cornbread muffins by adding 1/4 cup of finely chopped jalapeños to the batter. Bake as directed.
How To Freeze Cornbread
These cornbread muffins are best enjoyed when they are freshly made. If you do find yourself wanting to freeze some you can. Make sure they are in an airtight container or resealable plastic freezer bag. They will keep for about 2 months.
How to Reheat Cornbread Muffins
While you can reheat the muffins in the microwave I prefer to reheat them in the oven.
To reheat: Place muffin on a baking sheet in a preheated 350°F oven for 5 – 8 minutes or until hot. This produces a crispy edge.
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card below.
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- Add the milk mixture and melted butter to the dry ingredients. Stir just until blended. Do not over mix, lumps are OK.
- Evenly spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each well until almost full.
- Bake at 350℉ for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops are golden. Cool the muffins for 5 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Remove from the muffin pan and serve warm.