Double chocolate banana muffins are moist, delicious, and full of chocolatey flavor. Jam-packed with mini chocolate chips they are perfect with a cup of coffee.
It seems I always buy too many bananas. We do love bananas but just never seem to eat them before they become too brown.
I know many others who have this problem too. Why don’t I just buy what I need? Well, the answer isn’t that simple. Why? Because sometimes I think my family will eat more than they do.
These muffins are delicious warm but also good at room temperature. Store muffins, covered, for a few days on the counter. Warm them up in the microwave for a few seconds if desired.
These muffins are moist with a soft crumb. They are light and chocolaty with extra bursts of chocolate from the mini chips.
Don't throw away those over-ripe bananas! Make up a batch of double chocolate banana muffins for a quick breakfast or mid-day snack. #muffins #chocolate #bananas
Looking for more muffin recipes?
I love making muffins and keeping a batch on the counter for a quick breakfast or snack. Homemade is always better than store-bought and with a few on-hand ingredients you can make your favorites anytime. Here are some of my family’s favorites:
If you often have leftover bananas try these recipes:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Additional mini chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray muffin tins (18 wells) with nonstick cooking spray with flour. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, mash bananas and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir in mini chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl add sugar, applesauce, oil, vanilla extract, and eggs. Add mashed bananas and whisk to combine ingredients. Stir in flour mixture until just combined, without over mixing. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin tins.
- Sprinkle each muffin with mini chocolate chips gently pressing them into the batter.
- Bake for 20 - 23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool muffin tins on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove muffins from tin to cool. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Welcome to #BrunchWeek 2020 hosted by Love and Confections and A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures! This is our 8th year while it is a little different this time around, 22 bloggers are excited to share favorite brunch recipes. There is a huge variety including French toast, danish, muffins waffles, pancakes, fruit salad, cocktails, mocktails, vegan, keto, and plenty of desserts! Enjoy!
Visiting these recipes results in a new window opening to view them.
Bread, Grains, and Cereal Recipes
- Blueberry Bread Pudding by Big Bears Wife
- Buttermilk Waffles by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Banana Muffins by The Mandatory Mooch
- Cinnamon Crunch French Toast by The Nifty Foodie
- Double Chocolate Banana Muffins by Family Around the Table
- Pear Chocolate Chip Sourdough Muffins by Caroline’s Cooking
- Sourdough Belgian-Style Waffles by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Strawberry Scones by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Vegan Anise French Toast by Happily Curated Chaos
- Bacon, Brie & Asparagus Quiche by Sweet Beginnings
- Breakfast Tostadas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Gyro Omelette by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Fruit and Veggie Recipes
- Greek Broccoli Pasta Salad by Making Miracles