I have enjoyed reading Taste of Home magazine since before I was married. My Mom introduced me to it and I know many who read it were also introduced to it by their Mom’s. A few years ago I became a volunteer field editor, or VFE, as we are affectionally referred to by the magazine. If you follow my blog, you know I often post Taste of Home Tuesday where I make recipes from the website or their cookbooks. Some of my favorites include mini cinnamon sugar muffins, hot Colby ham sandwiches and parmesan roasted asparagus, while my husband loves easy French dip sandwiches, but these creamy cantaloupe pops were a surprise hit and kids love hot dog breadsticks, which are easy enough for them to make.
You may remember my review of the fall special delivery box and the recipe for quadruple chocolate chunk cookies. Well, I don’t want to spill the beans about what the contents of this box are but let’s just say it’s comparable to the one in the review. While I will divulge there is a cookbook, that’s all I’ll say. This recipe for cream cheese swirl brownies is in the book. They are easy and delicious. Take them to a potluck party, tuck them in a lunch box or serve for dessert.
Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
Rich chocolate swirled with creamy cream cheese will make these brownies popular.
- 3 eggs, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup baking cocoa
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Separate two eggs, putting each white in a separate bowl (discard yolks or save for another use); set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat butter and ¾ cup sugar until crumbly. Add the whole egg, one egg white and vanilla, mix well.
- Combine flour and cocoa; add to egg mixture and beat until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in the second egg white. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls over the batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set and edges pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Sue Lau says
So perfect for brown bag lunches!
I have never had these before. I just love to find recipes of things that normally don’t go together but if made just right … they just fit. I love a taste of home and trying out new things for a single parent family is a big deal. I know that with a taste of home I cant go wrong they are professionals. Thank you for this chance!
Melissa Craig says
I have never had cream cheese brownies but they sound very good, I have had many taste of home cookbooks and even got the magazine for years, I love all there recipes!
Kelsey Vinson says
Definitely the mini cinnamon sugar muffins
donna porter says
I would love to try the Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies. They look delcious!
Ellie Wright says
The hot Colby ham sandwiches sound delicious!!
Kayla Klontz says
The cream cheese swirl brownies look amazing!
alice minx says
Oh those brownies look devine
Trisha Musgrave says
I would love to try the cream cheese swirl brownies! I love both cream cheese and brownies lol!
Julie Waldron says
I’d like to try parmesan roasted asparagus.
Amy Delong says
Cream cheese brownies,buy at the store all the time never made them
The Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies sound delicious!
Juanita May says
Thank you for sharing the recipe. Brownies are my weakness, and these are a must try!
anne lawton says
These look yummy and so easy to make too!