These Christmas funfetti pecan shortbread bites are just a fun cookie. Delicious buttery pecan shortbread in bite sized tidbits.
This recipe is sponsored by Millican Pecan Company. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Family Around the Table possible.
It wasn’t that long ago that I really, really started enjoying shortbread. My boys love it. They play the bagpipes and their teacher will sometimes bring it to practice as a treat.
These bites are small, about a quarter-inch square making them easy to enjoy. Fill a cellophane bag, tie with some festive ribbon for gift giving.
So the next time I make these buttery shortbread bites, I will use a different pan. I felt they were a bit on the thin side. Or maybe I won’t press the dough all the way to the edges. Don’t skip lining the pan, you need the overhang of the cellophane wrap to lift it out. A more skilled baker could press it out without a pan.
I added more sprinkles on top so you could see them and, really, you can never have enough sprinkles, right? I used a sharp chef’s knife to cut the cubes and when I was done realized a pizza cutter would have made quick work of the task. So, if you have a pizza cutter, try that way.
Are you a shortbread lover? Try cranberry orange shortbread bars or daisy shortbread cookies.
Thank you to Ellen of Family Around the Table and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures for hosting #ChristmasCookies Week! And a huge thank you to our sponsors Adams Extract and Millican Pecan Company for supporting the bloggers and events like Christmas Cookies Week.
Check out today’s cookie recipes:
Christmas Funfetti Pecan Shortbread Bites by Family Around the Table
Grinch Shortbread Cookies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Melody Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Macadamia Nut Shortbread Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pecan Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies by Sweet Beginnings
Pecan Whiskey Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Soft Cinnamon Apple Pecan Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Christmas Funfetti Pecan Shortbread Bites
Buttery, delicious, festive and fun for the holidays!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract, I use Adams Best Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ cup finely chopped pecans, I use Millican Pecan Company pecans
- 4 teaspoons multi-colored nonpareils, plus more for the top
- Heat oven to 325°F. Line 8-inch square baking pan with plastic food wrap, leaving 1-inch overhang. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine flour and salt, set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar and vanilla extract in bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture. Beat until well mixed. Stir in pecans and nonpareils.
- Knead mixture 4 to 5 times in bowl until dough forms a ball. Pat dough evenly into prepared pan. Use plastic wrap to lift dough from pan.
- Cut dough into ½-inch squares. Gently place squares ½ inch apart onto silicone lined cookie sheets; discard plastic wrap. Bake about 15 minutes or until bottoms and edges just begin to brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Colleen - Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck says
So sweet! I love that they are bite-size too! Perfect for the little ones…and the grown up ones too!!!