Asparagus is one of our favorite vegetables. Usually my husband grills it or I roast it in the oven. It just so happened I had all of the ingredients to make it to go with the Caprese chicken with bacon dish. It’s a favorite meal combination in my house.
It would also be a perfect vegetable side for any Easter meal whether you’re serving ham, roast beef, lamb or turkey.
It’s only 5 ingredients and, with the exception of the asparagus, you probably have them in your pantry. It must be true that if you put cheese on vegetables, kids will eat them. My son asked if we could have asparagus like this every time. For the record, he like cheese sauce on broccoli too.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place asparagus in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese, lemon-pepper and salt.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Adjust cooking time depending on how thick your asparagus is. Longer for thicker, shorter for thinner.