My family loves lemonade. We love to make it from scratch for a truly refreshing beverage. This blueberry lemonade is new favorite. I’m sure we will be making it all summer long.
I am from the south and I love lemonade. It’s a favorite way to cool off on a hot day.
I also love experimenting to make new flavors. We recently went to a local blueberry festival where there was a u-pick field. We came home with 10 pounds of beautiful fresh blueberries.
I started tossing around ideas with my kids about what to make with them and we all settled on blueberry lemonade.
There are already recipes on the blog for blueberry crisp, fresh blueberry coffee cake and jumbo blueberry muffins.
I knew I didn’t want to make a reduction like I did for my blueberry lemon vodka martini, one because it’s a bit time consuming and two, it needed to be sweeter.
So I settled on making a blueberry simple syrup. I got to work making the syrup while my boys cut and juiced the lemons.
My youngest son cut the lemons in half and my oldest got to work on the juicer. Interestingly enough, this time there was no argument over who did what task.
I have to say I’ve fallen in love with these Stella highball glasses from sponsor JoyJolt.
You may remember my salted caramel toffee martini I made over the holidays in the Afina glasses from JoyJolt. I never imagined, first, the beautiful color of the blueberry lemonade and second, how the Stella highball glasses would show it off.
This lemonade is not only perfect for summer poolside sipping but for a baby or bridal shower.
The cute yellow paper straws are from Sweets & Treats. They’re fun, festive and summery. Use them for more than sipping including cake pop sticks, cupcake toppers, or party decor.
Made with fresh blueberries and lemons, this blueberry lemonade is a great way to cool off on a hot day.
Blueberry Simple Syrup
- ½ cup Dixie Crystals sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 ½ cups cold water
- Frozen blueberries and lemon slice for garnish
- To make blueberry simple syrup: Combine Dixie Crystals sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium - high heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in blueberries and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer until blueberries have broken down, about 5 minutes. Strain thorough a fine mesh strainer, into large pitcher. Cool to room temperature.
- To make fresh blueberry lemonade: Into the pitcher with the blueberry simple syrup, stir in the lemon juice and water. Place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Serve over ice and garnish with a few frozen blueberries in each glass and a lemon slice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Set of 4 – $24.95
Guava Moscow Mule from Love and Confections
Lightning Lavender Margarita from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Monday 15th of July 2019
How refreshing and perfect for summer!
debi at Life Currents
Monday 1st of July 2019
This looks refreshing and lovely. It's just now starting to be summer weather here, and this will be great to help me cool down. And I love that it's healthy!
Monday 1st of July 2019
I'm always happy when I get to sip on this summertime quencher on a hot afternoon. It's delicious!!
Thursday 25th of April 2019
You make it look so easy! I wish I lived next door and could be your taste-tester. Your boys are lucky! <3
Amy (Savory Moments)
Wednesday 24th of April 2019
This looks so refreshing! I love making and drinking different flavored lemonades.