My family loves lemonade. We love to make it from scratch for a truly refreshing beverage. This blueberry lemonade is new favorite. I’m sure we will be making it all summer long.
I am from the south and I love lemonade. It’s a favorite way to cool off on a hot day.
I also love experimenting to make new flavors. We recently went to a local blueberry festival where there was a u-pick field. We came home with 10 pounds of beautiful fresh blueberries.
I started tossing around ideas with my kids about what to make with them and we all settled on blueberry lemonade.
I knew I didn’t want to make a reduction like I did for my blueberry lemon vodka martini, one because it’s a bit time consuming and two, it needed to be sweeter.
So I settled on making a blueberry simple syrup. I got to work making the syrup while my boys cut and juiced the lemons.
My youngest son cut the lemons in half and my oldest got to work on the juicer. Interestingly enough, this time there was no argument over who did what task.
I have to say I’ve fallen in love with these Stella highball glasses from sponsor JoyJolt.
You may remember my salted caramel toffee martini I made over the holidays in the Afina glasses from JoyJolt. I never imagined, first, the beautiful color of the blueberry lemonade and second, how the Stella highball glasses would show it off.
This lemonade is not only perfect for summer poolside sipping but for a baby or bridal shower.
Blueberry Simple Syrup
- ½ cup Dixie Crystals sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 ½ cups cold water
- Frozen blueberries and lemon slice for garnish
- To make blueberry simple syrup: Combine Dixie Crystals sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium - high heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in blueberries and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer until blueberries have broken down, about 5 minutes. Strain thorough a fine mesh strainer, into large pitcher. Cool to room temperature.
- To make fresh blueberry lemonade: Into the pitcher with the blueberry simple syrup, stir in the lemon juice and water. Place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Serve over ice and garnish with a few frozen blueberries in each glass and a lemon slice.
Set of 4 – $24.95