This no-bake s’mores ice cream torte is a summer dessert everyone will enjoy. It’s perfect for summer parties because it can be made in advance.
This post is sponsored by Dixie Crystals and Circulon in conjunction with Summer Dessert Week. I was sent samples for recipe creations however all opinions are my own.
When summer comes around many don’t want to turn the oven on so this no-bake dessert is ideal for a special treat or summer entertaining.
I’ve taken the components to a childhood favorite dessert, s’mores, and turned them into a delicious, and easy, no-bake dessert. This s’mores ice cream torte was a hit with my family and is sure to delight s’mores lovers everywhere.
- Graham Crackers
- Hot Fudge Sauce
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Mini Marshmallows
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Confectioners’ Sugar (I used Dixie Crystals)
Make the Crust
- Make the graham cracker crumbs and mix with the melted butter
- Press the graham cracker crumbs into the springform pan, using a flat bottom measuring cup or glass.
- Freeze and then spread the fudge over the crust.
Once the crust is set you can spread the chocolate ice cream. Freeze again and proceed with the instructions in the recipe card.
But before you do…just look at those delicious layers. You have a keen eye if you noticed some chocolate peeking out from under the beautiful swirls of fresh whipped cream. That was not easy to do so I omitted it from the recipe. The layer of chocolate fudge on the graham cracker crust is sufficient.
These tips will ultimately make it easier to make this no-bake s’mores ice cream torte.
- Do not use anything other than a springform pan. You can see the one I used from Circulon in the recipe card. It will be very difficult to serve if you use any other type of a pan.
- When spreading the hot fudge on the graham cracker crust use a small offset spatula. You can see the one I use in the recipe card.
- When pressing the ice cream into the springform pan, use a rubber spatula. Once it’s fairly even, use an offset spatula to smooth the top.
- When cutting the torte use a sharp, non-serrated knife, that’s large enough to cut through half of the torte.
- Dip the knife in warm water before and between cuts. Clean the knife, carefully, to get nice clean cuts.
- Chill your mixing bowl, beaters, and whipping cream before making it. The cream will whip better.
- Use a large star tip to pipe the whipped cream for an impressive presentation.
How to Make Homemade Whipped Cream
There is nothing like homemade whipped cream! In a chilled bowl, using chilled beaters, whip the cold cream until stiff peaks form. Don’t over whip it or you will wind up with butter and have to start over.
When you slice the s’mores ice cream torte you see all the marshmallows dotted in the chocolate ice cream. It makes for a great presentation.
More S’mores Recipes
More Ice Cream Recipes
- Ice Cream Torte with Crunchy Crumb Center (Another recipe that uses a springform pan.)
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars (Similar to those found on an ice cream truck.)
- Individual Mermaid Ice Cream Treats (Perfect for a summer birthday party.)
- 2 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs (About 2 ½ sleeves of graham crackers)
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1.5-quart chocolate ice cream
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 11.75-ounce jat hot fudge topping
Whipped Cream Topping
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (I used Dixie Crystals)
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and salt until all crumbs are moistened.
- Remove chocolate ice cream from the freezer and allow it to soften slightly.
- Press crumbs evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan, pressing them to compact them as you go. Place the pan in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- While the crust freezes, mix the mini marshmallows into the softened chocolate ice cream.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and spread the hot fudge sauce over the crust. Warm it if necessary (according to the package directions) to make it spreadable.
- Put the crust in the freezer briefly to set the fudge, 10 minutes or so.
- Remove from the freezer and spread chocolate ice cream evenly onto the crust. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until ice cream is set.
- Once the ice cream is set, whip the heavy cream with the confectioners' sugar until you get stiff peaks.
- Transfer whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with a star tip or other large tip for piping swirls.
- Pipe swirls on top of the chocolate ice cream and return to the freezer for at least 1 more hour or until ready to serve.
- To serve, remove from the freezer and unlatch the springform pan. Gently remove the rim. Allow torte to sit out briefly before cutting. Dipping the knife in warm water between cuts will cut it more smoothly.
- Return to freezer after serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Welcome to this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. You’re going to be in for a treat this year because we have 28 blogs/bloggers creating summer themed dessert recipes all week! We’re sharing them with the hashtag #SummerDessertWeek on social media and you’ll find some of the links in this post as well.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad from Big Bear’s Wife
Copycat Orange Julius from Semi Homemade Recipes
No Bake Raspberry Cheesecake from Eat Move Make
Birthday Crumb Cake from It’s Shanaka
Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake from Fake Ginger
Blueberry Muffin Cake from Blogghetti
Lemon Cheesecake Mousse from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
No Churn Mint Chocolate Ice Cream from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Strawberry Unicorn Puppy Chow from For the Love of Food
Brown Sugar Layer Cake with Peach Filling from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Smore’s Ice Cream Torte from Family Around the Table
Strawberry Basil Cupcakes from Sweet Beginnings
Oreo Ice Cream Cake from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Donut Bread Pudding from Savory Experiments
Flourless Chocolate Cake from Devour Dinner
Rhubarb Crumble from Shockingly Delicious
Japanese Strawberry Shortcake from SugarYums
Raspberry Cream Pie from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Instant Pot Twix Cheesecake from Baking up Memories
Lavender Honey Cake from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Dip from Sweet ReciPEAs
No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake from Comfortably Domestic
Peach Berry Eton Mess from Cookaholic Wife