This easy no-bake ice cream torte with crunchy crumb center is an impressive dessert. Don’t heat up the kitchen the next time you need a sweet treat.
Pin Ice Cream Torte with a Crunchy Crumb Center to make later.
You can never have too many no-bake desserts in the summertime. Anytime really. No-bake desserts come together so quickly, they are perfect for spur-of-the-moment parties.
This ice cream torte with crunchy crumb center is no exception. The crunchy crumb center makes the torte. Take one bite and you’ll see why.
One of the essentials of making no-bake desserts is a springform pan. I used an Analon 9″ springform pan and it worked like a charm.
When I un-molded the ice cream treat it was perfect. Nothing stuck to the side. It worked like a charm and is now my new favorite pan. I have so many plans for it!
When I took the plastic wrap off the top, it wasn’t very pretty. Whipped cream swirls to the rescue. I went with swirls, similar to the ones on my individual mermaid ice cream treats because they are pretty.
I used confectioners’ sugar to sweeten. Plus the Wilton disposable piping bags fitted with the star tip are just so convenient. It really takes this dessert to the next level plus, it looks pretty impressive.
- No-Churn Mango Ice Cream from Daily Dish Recipes
- Banana Cream Pie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Blackberry Cobbler from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Ice Cream Torte with Crunchy Crumb Center
Ice cream torte with crunch crumb center is no-bake and perfect for summer.
- 1 - 1.5 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 - 1.5 quart chocolate ice cream, softened but only when ready to use it.
- ⅔ standard package of Oreo cookies (or 2 ½ cups Oreo cookie crumbs)
- 1 7.25-ounce bottle Magic Shell ice cream topping
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 6 - 8 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- Place a 9" springform pan on a rimmed baking sheet. Spread softened vanilla ice cream in bottom of springform pan. Cover with plastic wrap, make sure it touches the ice cream and freeze 2 hours.
- Make the crunchy crumbs: Crush the Oreos so you get 2 ½ cups Oreo crumbs. Pour the Magic Shell topping over the cookie crumbs and mix well to combine, moistening all crumbs. Spread on evenly vanilla layer, cover with plastic wrap and return to freezer for 1 hour.
- Spread softened chocolate ice cream in bottom of springform pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 2 hours.
- In a chilled stainless steel bowl, using a chilled beater, whip heavy cream to stiff peaks. Transfer cream to disposable pastry bag fitted with 1M star tip. Working quickly, pipe whipped cream on top of torte. Return to freezer for 1 hour. Serve once topping is frozen.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amy (Savory Moments) says
Oh my! This looks so good for a summertime dessert. I love all the components.
Can you make this for my birthday? I always wanted ice cream pie over cake growing up.
Family Around The Table says
Nancie McDermott says
“Whipped Cream Swirls to the Rescue!” is my new motto. This is lovely and you’ve made me vow to up my piping-skills game — I’ve got the tool and you’ve added the inspiration. This is gorgeous and inviting.
Family Around The Table says
Thank you so much, Nancie!