Many friends I know make the switch from hot coffee to iced coffee drinks in the warm summer months. This iced birthday cake latte brings the coffee shop home.
Pin Iced Birthday Cake Latte to make later
I’m a latte kind of girl. I don’t care for sugar in my coffee but I like a fair amount of half and half.
It doesn’t need to be your birthday to enjoy this iced birthday cake latte but it’s so delicious it will make any day special.
Maybe it was because I topped it off with whipped cream and sprinkles for a festive look. Sprinkles always make things fancier and more special, don’t you think?
How Do I Make An Iced Birthday Cake Latte?
- Start by making the birthday cake coffee. There are a few options for birthday cake coffee on Amazon.
- The water you use should be cold and fresh. The type of water you use will affect the flavor.
- Allow the entire pot to brew before taking any coffee. While it’s not scientifically proven that it alters the flavor, my tastebuds tell me it does! Since this is a cold beverage, this shouldn’t be a problem.
- Allow the coffee to cool completely before making the drink.
Can I use regular coffee to make a latte?
Yes, you can. There are a few options for making a birthday cake iced latte if you want to use unflavored coffee. If you prefer decaffeinated coffee, feel free to use that instead.
You can try using syrup, which is what major coffee chains use when making specialty coffee drinks. It has the flavor of yellow cake and buttercream frosting. There are regular and sugar-free options for every taste.
Birthday cake non-dairy creamer is another choice as is cake batter extract or flavoring.
DISCLAIMER: I have not tried any of these alternative methods to making this iced birthday cake latte. My suggestion, if you are using anything but birthday cake coffee, start with a small amount and increase from there until you get the flavor you desire.
What can I serve with a latte?
If you enjoy an iced birthday cake latte in the morning or for a morning pick me up, enjoy a coffee cake muffin or a few chocolate chip mini muffins.
If you prefer a latte after dinner, a slice of Grandma’s banana cake or caramel swirl pound cake would be ideal. Neither of those cakes are too sweet and both perfectly compliment the iced latte.
Can I save money making a latte at home?
That answer is a resounding YES! At the time of this updated post, the price of a grande latte at a well-known coffee chain is almost $4.00 for a 16-ounce coffee. If you purchase all of the ingredients you’ll be able to make this latte over and over again for a fraction of the cost.
Plus you can adjust the flavors and customize the coffee to your personal tastes. Who doesn’t love customizing their coffee?
Trust me when I say it’s delicious on its own but I added just a touch of cinnamon. That simple addition elevates the flavor exponentially.
I don’t personally add sugar to my coffee but if you prefer it, go right ahead and add some, though I suggest tasting it before doing so, especially if using a syrup that can be sweet on its own.
If you enjoy iced lattes, try this grown-up Spiked Iced Caramel Vanilla Latte version that’s made with vodka. It’s perfect for an after-dinner drink when entertaining family and friends.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- You’ll save money at the coffee shop by making this at home.
- There are many options to make this coffee drink.
- It’s easy.
Iced Birthday Cake Latte
It doesn't need to be your birthday to enjoy this iced birthday cake latte but it's so delicious it will make any day special.
- 3 tablespoons of Birthday Cake Coffee, ground
- 12 cups cold water
- 3 ounces half and half
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Sugar to taste, optional
- Whipped cream
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Brew Birthday Cake coffee using the 12 cups of cold water.
- Allow coffee to cool to room temperature. In a mug add ice, 12 ounces of Birthday Cake coffee, half and half, and cinnamon. Add sugar if using. Stir to combine.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles. Serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow. It looks delicious. I love Door County BIRTHDAY CAKE coffee. So, I will try to make your recipe! Thanks for sharing.
Saved as a favorite, I love your web site!