I am a firm believer that bacon makes everything better, especially a club sandwich. My son and I LOVE club sandwiches. We often have one at one of our favorite restaurants. I’m sad to say it wasn’t until recently that I made one at home. I happened to have all the ingredients on hand and thought I’d surprise my son. The tip off was me cooking the bacon. Of course the smell of bacon brings the family running.
What I love about club sandwiches is the versatility. You can use any deli meats you like, turkey, ham, roast beef, salami and any cheese you fancy. Our cheese choices are usually provolone or swiss. You can certainly use more than one type of cheese. Mayonnaise or mustard are favorite condiment choices but my son likes horseradish with roast beef.
You may notice something obvious missing from this sandwich. Tomato. There’s no tomato. I don’t like tomatoes. My son’s sandwich had tomato but just a slice. So see what I mean by the customizing of your sandwich. Even better, you can make a different version for each member of your family. Or they can make their own. While you can use white or wheat bread, I find that an artisan loaf works best. Typically I use white mountain bread that I purchase at Publix. Sourdough or Italian would be similar. I like a light toast on the bread. If you’re packing this sandwich in a lunch box, I suggest putting the lettuce or cheese next to the bread so the deli meats don’t make the bread soggy.
- 3 slices artisan bread
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and broken in half
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices thinly shaved ham
- 4 slices thin roast beef
- 2 leaves lettuce
- Lightly toast bread. Spread mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread. On the bottom slice begin to build sandwich. Layer lettuce, ham, cheese, bacon, another slice of bread, roast beef, bacon, cheese, lettuce and bread. Slice and enjoy
Use your favorite deli meats and cheese. Artisan bread works best.
Celebrate International Bacon Day with these delicious recipes. Thank you Liz at Books n’ Cooks for hosting.
- Bacon Corn Pizza from Caroline’s Cooking
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus from A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Broccoli Bacon Salad from Feeding Big
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Skillet from Amy’s Cooking Adventure
- Hot German Potato Salad with Bacon from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Pasta Carbonara Torte from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Roast Beef, Ham and Bacon Club Sandwich from Family Around The Table
- Warm Bacon Gruyere Dip with Caramelized Onion and Chive from Bear & Bug Eats
- Wilted Lettuce Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing from Palatable Pastime