Who doesn’t love pizza? I could serve my kids pizza everyday and they would be happy campers. So I decided to try a pizza twist and created pepperoni cheese pizza sliders. You may have read my posts about my amazing Florida Beef Council with Sunday Supper Movement trip in August. The Friday night of that weekend a number of my blogger friends and I had a slumber party of sorts. We rented a house and each made a dish to share. This was my contribution. It was so yummy my son asked me to make it again for the family. I was happy to oblige and he happily ate them. So when Sunday Supper decided to have a pizza event I knew it was time to share these pizza sliders on the blog.
Since then, I’ve made them a couple of times and mixed up the ingredients. This recipe could be a guideline for a starting point. Include your favorite pizza topping ingredients to customize them for your family or guests. These pizza sliders are perfect for snacking, game day, a sleepover or quick weekend lunch. The recipe easily doubles or triples depending on the number of people you need to serve.
- 1 package King's Hawaiian dinner rolls or other connected dinner rolls
- 1 ½ cups pizza sauce
- 6 ounces pepperoni slices
- 12 thin slices of mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix together melted butter, garlic powder, onion powder and Italian seasoning and set aside.
- Slice rolls through the middle of the buns so there is a top and bottom half. Place bottom half in prepared baking pan. Top with 6 slices of mozzarella cheese. Top with half of the pepperoni slices and all the onion slices. Repeat with remaining cheese and pepperoni. Top with remaining half of rolls.
- Brush tops of rolls with melted butter mixture. Top with shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10 - 15 minutes until cheese on top is melted and rolls are heated through. Remove from oven and slice rolls into slider portions along roll guides.
- Serve with additional pizza sauce for dipping, if desired.
Substitute Provoline for the Mozzarella