I love making fun Halloween treats and these monster marshmallows are easy too. All you need are 3 ingredients and a little bit of time. Kids will have fun getting in the kitchen and helping too. Even though my boys are teenagers they still wanted to help make these treats. Of course, they knew they would be enjoying them too.
These treats were sent in to a school function for my kids and they were a hit. Their friends and teachers loved them. They came home empty-handed and that’s a good thing!
So I had a variety of candy melt colors from other recipes and projects. I just used what I had because just about any color will work for these monster marshmallows. I especially wanted to use up the pink I had because it’s not a color I use often having boys. Besides, there are girl monsters right?
A word of advice – once you have the marshmallows dipped, immediately apply the eyes, this is something younger kids can do. They will stick better than if you waited.
Enjoy these monster marshmallows on their own or add too a mug of hot chocolate for a fun and festive treat. S’mores would be another great way to use them!
Other recipes using candy melts:
- Assorted Colors of Candy Melts (green, purple, orange, yellow)
- Candy Eyes
- Waxed Paper
- Place toothpicks in tops of marshmallows. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and set aside. Have candy eyes open and ready to use.
- Working with one candy melt color at a time, melt them according to package directions. Working quickly dip marshmallows in candy coating and spoon coating over to cover. Place on wax paper lined baking sheet and place 1 - 2 candy eyes on marshmallow. Allow to set before storing in covered container.
- Ghost Cheddar Popcorn by Palatable Pastime
- Graveyard Chocolate Apple Slices by Big Bear’s Wife
- Graveyard Cookie Dip by Our Good Life
- Halloween Crunch by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Halloween Haystacks by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Halloween Muddy Buddies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Monster Marshmallows by Family Around the Table
- Monster Mash Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mummy Brownies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Shrimp on the Brain Dip by Cooking with Carlee
- Boozy Graveyard Chocolate Pumpkin Rum Cupcakes by Daily Dish Recipes
- Vampire Victim Cocktail by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures