May the 4th be with you. If you’re a Star Wars fan you understand! May 4th is kind of an unofficial Star Wars day. Get it? May the 4th (force) be with you. Fans love to celebrate!
My kids love Star Wars and for both of their birthdays I made this fun galaxy bark as part of the party favor. The kids, and Moms, really loved it.
I haven’t worked with candy melts much but boy are they easy to use. The directions say to melt in a microwave or use a Wilton Candy Melt Melting Pot. I actually have both and both work well. For this galaxy bark project I melted them in the microwave. It’s also a fun project to get the kids involved. Younger kids can swirl the colors (lots of fun) while older kids can melt the candy. As with any kitchen activity that involves kids, adult supervision is a must.
First prepare the baking sheet with aluminum foil. Melt the chocolate and spread in the pan. Next, choose a color and melt that one. Place dollops on top of the chocolate. Melt remaining two colors and dollop those on the chocolate. With a butter knife begin swirling through the colors to create a galaxy effect. Using a spoon or your fingers, sprinkle the silver sprinkles over the colorful swirls. Place baking sheet in the refrigerator to set the bark. Once set, remove the foil and bark from the pan. Gently break up the bark and remove the foil. Place shards in a basket to enjoy or put a few in bags and tie with coordinating ribbon for favors.
This awesome galaxy bark is not only for Star Wars fans. Are you hosting a graduation party? Reach for the stars with this fun favor.
- 2 packages (12 ounce) chocolate candy melts
- 6 ounces purple candy melts
- 6 ounces blue candy melts
- 6 ounces light blue candy melts
- Wilton Silver Pearlized Sugar Sprinkles
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate candy melts in the microwave according to package directions, one package at a time. Stirring until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- In separate bowls melt the remaining candy melt colors and dollop onto the chocolate.
- Lightly swirl the colors, with a butter knife, together to make a galaxy look.
- Sprinkle on silver sugar sprinkles.
- Refrigerate until set.
You can substitute white pearlized sugar sprinkles if you can't find silver. Gold would be fine too.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.