Your little leprechauns will love this fun treat. Impress your kids, co-workers, friends, and family with these easy and adorable Pretzel Shamrocks.
I have always enjoyed making fun treats for holidays for my boys such as these shamrock pretzel pops. When they were younger we would dip and decorate marshmallows and pretzels. It was always a fun time and got them in the kitchen.
What do I need to make Pretzel Shamrocks?
You don’t need much to make these cute treats.
- Mini Pretzel Twists – You have to use the twists to get the right shape for the shamrocks.
- Green Candy Melts – There are a couple of shades of green candy melts. I used the Wilton brand in green. The vibrant green looks more like lime green.
- Candy Sticks – Use the 6-inch lollipop sticks. 4-inch are too short and anything longer than six is too long for tiny hands.
Tips and Tricks to making Shamrock Pretzel Pops
Place the candy stick on the lined baking sheet. Put about a 1-inch circle of melted candy over the top of the stick. Dip one pretzel in the melted candy and place it next to the stick in the candy puddle.
Working quickly, repeat with 2 more pretzel twists. Place them so they are touching. Your fork and spoon will be your greatest assets when making these pretzel shamrocks.
Place them so they are touching. Your fork and spoon will be your greatest assets when making these pretzel shamrocks.
The more pretzel shamrocks I made the more they really began to look like shamrocks. It takes one or two to get into a rhythm of getting the pretzels in place just right as well as the popsicle stick.
Be patient. Using the spoon, smooth the candy to cover any bare spots on the pretzel.
More fun holiday treats to make the family
- Easter Muddy Buddies – a holiday version of a favorite classic snack.
- Halloween Mummy Cupcakes – impressive, fun, and easy to make.
- Easter Candy Bark – a quick and easy treat to add to your dessert buffet table.
Display them on a dessert table at a party for guests to pick up. Or wrap them up in cellophane bags and tie them with a festive ribbon to give to kids or co-workers. They would certainly be fun for a class party.
- 1 12 ounce package green candy melts
- 1 teaspoon shortening Crisco
- 30 pretzel twists
- 10 Popsicle sticks
- Line two rimmed baking sheets with waxed paper, not parchment.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine candy melts and shortening. Melt according to package directions stirring occasionally until melted.
- Using a fork coat pretzels in melted candy and place on waxed paper next to each other to form a 3 leaf clover, so they are touching. Place a popsicle stick in the middle and spoon a bit of candy over the stick to adhere to the pretzels. Smooth candy with back of spoon.
- Allow to set and package as desired.