Start the day with a cool, refreshing blueberry peach smoothie. A delicious way to get fruit servings for your kids.
Closing out #blueberryweek with a smoothie, which was made at the request of my youngest son. A few months ago we went blueberry picking locally. My husband was a bit over zealous when picking that day because the berries were gorgeous. So, I have lots of blueberries in my freezer. I also love using frozen blueberries in Dad’s favorite pancakes.
Recently, my son wanted me to make something with peaches. So we went on a hunt for a recipe with peaches and found this smoothie at Taste of Home. I am not a yogurt fan. I know, crazy right? That means I prefer smoothies made with ice cream. This one has both, which my son was excited to hear. After all, what kid doesn’t love a bit of ice cream in the morning.
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen, sliced peaches
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour into glass and serve immediately.
Family Around the Table and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures for hosting #BlueberryWeek. More than 20 top notch bloggers are sharing a variety of blueberry recipes from breakfast to dessert. Follow #BlueberryWeek on social media so you don’t miss one delicious recipe.
- Blueberry Sourdough Coffee Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Blueberry Lemonade by Caroline’s Cooking
- Blueberry, Honey, and Goat Cheese Naan Pizza by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Blueberry Peach Smoothie by Family Around the Table
- Blueberry Mojito by Food Above Gold
- Blueberry Pomegranate Cucumber Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Cheesecake Bars by Cookaholic Wife
- Blueberry Skillet Cookie by Crumb Top Baking
- Blueberry Pie Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Blueberry Buckle by Savory Moments
- No-Bake Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Tart by Sweet Beginnings
- Roasted Blueberry Ice Cream by Daily Dish Recipes
- Vegan Blueberry Coconut Pie by The Baking Fairy
- Blueberry Lemon Curd Dessert Egg Rolls by The Freshman Cook