As I begin this first post of the 2018 #ChristmasCookiesWeek event with my fabulous blogger friends, it is near 80 degrees F. I think it’s kind of funny that my first cookie is hot chocolate cookies. It just seems too warm for something called hot chocolate. But I thought it was the perfect choice to kick off the event.
This post, for Hot Chocolate Cookies, is created for #ChristmasCookiesWeek in conjunction with sponsor products. All opinions are mine alone. This post may contain affiliate links where I receive a small commission with no additional charge to you.
This cookie is rich, chock full of chocolate and marshmallows. Just like a warm cup of cocoa. In fact, they would be perfect with warm cup of cocoa. I made them to take to a potluck and came home with an empty tray. They are THAT good.
I have a lot of chocolate cookie recipes on the site, including Mexican hot chocolate cookies, nutty triple chocolate cookies, and Alex’s double chocolate white chip cookies to name a few. These hot chocolate cookies are the chocolatiest ones yet.
With cocoa, four packages of hot cocoa and chocolate chunks these cookies are a chocolate lovers dream come true. I like to make trays of cookies with a variety of choices and this one will be included for sure this year. These cookies will probably become my family’s new favorite.
Some marshmallows may melt into the batter, that's OK. They will still taste delicious. If you'd like, press one or two mini marshmallows on top of each cookie before baking. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some marshmallows may melt into the batter, that's OK. They will still taste delicious. If you'd like, press one or two mini marshmallows on top of each cookie before baking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Find Family Around the Table on social media:
#ChristmasCookiesWeek Monday Recipes
- Brown Sugar Ornament Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Butter Pecan Nuggets by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Chocolate Candy Cane Kiss Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies by Everyday Eileen
- Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Cookies by Tip Garden
- Chocolate Espresso Brown Sugar Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Chocolate Snowball Cookies by Hardly A Goddess
- Chocolate-Cherry Snowballs by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Christmas Macarons by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Christmas Rosette Sugar Cookies by Love and Confections
- Christmas Sprinkle Pudding Cookies by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Classic Spritz by Books n’ Cooks
- Dark Chocolate Coffee Crinkle Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Gingerbread Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Hot Chocolate Cookies by Family Around The Table
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie by Caroline’s Cooking
- Oatmeal Rolled Sugar Cookies by House of Nash Eats
- Peanut Butter Cutout Cookies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Peppermint Cookie Dough Truffles by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peppermint Meltaways by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Peppermint Thins by Palatable Pastime
- Pistachio Cranberry Macaron by Yumgoggle
- Sour Cream Decorated Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Spiced Chocolate Molasses Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Vegan Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars by The Baking Fairy
- Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Shortbread by Kate’s Recipe Box
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Blondies by The Redhead Baker
- Whoville Cookies by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen