As I begin this first post of the 2018 #ChristmasCookiesWeek event with my fabulous blogger friends, it is near 80 degrees F. I think it’s kind of funny that my first cookie is hot chocolate cookies. It just seems too warm for something called hot chocolate. But I thought it was the perfect choice to kick off the event.
This post, for Hot Chocolate Cookies, is created for #ChristmasCookiesWeek in conjunction with sponsor products. All opinions are mine alone. This post may contain affiliate links where I receive a small commission with no additional charge to you.
This cookie is rich, chock full of chocolate and marshmallows. Just like a warm cup of cocoa. In fact, they would be perfect with warm cup of cocoa. I made them to take to a potluck and came home with an empty tray. They are THAT good.
I have a lot of chocolate cookie recipes on the site, including Mexican hot chocolate cookies, nutty triple chocolate cookies, and Alex’s double chocolate white chip cookies to name a few. These hot chocolate cookies are the chocolatiest ones yet.
With cocoa, four packages of hot cocoa and chocolate chunks these cookies are a chocolate lovers dream come true. I like to make trays of cookies with a variety of choices and this one will be included for sure this year. These cookies will probably become my family’s new favorite.
Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract I used Adams Extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 4 packets hot cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line rimmed baking sheets with a Silpat and set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, and Adams pure vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking soda, hot cocoa, and salt in a bowl and stir well.
- Slowly add dry mix into butter mixture until blended well. Be careful not to over mix. Add chocolate chunks and mix briefly until they are distributed.
- Fold mini marshmallows into cookie mix.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, drop onto prepared cookie sheet, 2-inches apart. Bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and let cool.