Glazed Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones are a drop scone. Full of delicious pumpkin flavor with a touch of sweetness from mini chocolate chips and glaze. Enjoy one for breakfast or a mid-morning snack with a cup of coffee or tea.
In addition to this scone recipe, there will be recipes from more than 35 bloggers all week long. All including the fall favorite ingredient, pumpkin. So these don’t look like your classic or traditional scones. You probably know scones in a triangle shape. I chose to make a drop scone using a 1/4 cup scoop. Drop scones work better with a soft dough.
The reason my husband never liked scones is he always thought they were dry. To be honest, some recipes can be dry but these are not. My youngest son, a foodie in his own right, declared these the best scones I’ve ever made. He thought they were a bit more cake-like. Both he and I agreed that, once they were out of the oven, they needed a glaze. They are pretty yummy warm from the oven but the glaze just adds a little something extra.
I also shared some of these scones with our pumpkin loving neighbors and they enjoyed them too. They are really much for sweets and thought the balance was great. Just the right amount of sweetness from the chocolate chips and glaze. Enjoy with coffee or tea for breakfast or take a couple to work for your mid-morning break.
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card below.
Glazed Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup miniature chocolate chips
- ¾ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 – 2 tablespoons half and half
- Heat oven to 350°F.Combine butter and brown sugar in bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy. Add pumpkin, 1/4 cup half & half and egg yolk; continue beating until smooth and creamy. Stir in flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt, until combined. Stir in mini chocolate chips.Drop rounded ¼ cupfuls of dough evenly onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake 18 – 22 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and scones are set. Remove from baking sheet to cooling rack.GLAZE:Combine powdered sugar and enough half & half in bowl for desired glazing consistency. Drizzle over warm or cooled scones.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Whipped Pumpkin Spice Honey Butter
- Jumbo Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Streusel Topping
- Pumpkin Spice Milkshake
- Pumpkin Madeleines
- Pumpkin Pie Pull Apart Muffins from Daily Dish Recipes