Apple cinnamon scones with salted caramel drizzle are sure to impress weekend or holiday guests. Such a treat any morning of the week.
It’s day 4 and BrunchWeek continues with scones. Apple cinnamon scones with salted caramel drizzle to be exact. One of the BrunchWeek sponsors, Sage Fruit Company sent Breeze apples and this is the delicious recipe I’m sharing. The Breeze variety is originated in New Zealand and they will soon be grown in Washington State and available year round. The Breeze variety are crisp, juicy and slightly tart.
The measuring spoons from KitchenIQ are more rectangle in shape making them perfect to fit into boxes and bottles.
While the traditional scone shape is a wedge, or triangle, you could certainly cut 2 ½ inch rounds from the dough. You may need to adjust your baking time because the rounds will be smaller and have larger yield. The salted caramel drizzle puts these scones over the top.
The salted caramel drizzle takes these apple cinnamon scones over the top. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Apple Cinnamon Scones with Salted Caramel Drizzle
For the apples:
For the scone dough:
For the salted caramel drizzle:
The salted caramel drizzle takes these apple cinnamon scones over the top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Aperol Cocktails by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Grapefruit Rosemary Mocktails by Sweet Beginnings
- Teh Tarik (Malaysian Pulled Tea) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains, and Pastries:
- Apple Cinnamon Scones with Salted Caramel Drizzle by Family Around the Table
- Cannoli French Toast by Cooking In Stilettos
- Strawberries and Cream Sweet Rolls by The Redhead Baker
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables, and Sides:
- Apple Fritters by The Suburban Soapbox
- Blueberry Salad with Green Onion-Poppy Seed Dressing by Love & Confections
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
- Caramelized onion, Bacon, and Cheddar Egg Tart by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crab Souffle by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Ham, Cheese, and Veggie Breakfast Casserole by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
- Mini Croque Monsieurs by Making Miracles
- Roman Breakfast Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Chicken Salad by The Barbee Housewife
Liz @ Books n' Cooks says
Salted Caramel is one of my weaknesses… pair it with those wonderfully sweet Breeze apples and I’m sold!
How much milk is needed for the drizzle? No measurement given in ingredient list. Thank you.
Wow! Thank you for that catch, Joni. It’s 2 Tablespoons and the recipe has been corrected. Enjoy!
Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina says
I love scones, and I’d love to taste this wonderful flavor combination in a scone! Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe, Ellen! Pinned!
Wendy, A Day in the Life on the Farm says
I would love one of these with my morning coffee.
Dad calls scones breakfast cookies. Cracks me up. These look fabulous!! Can’t wait to try them.
Yum! These look and sound perfect!