It’s always fun to plan brunch with family and friends. There are always so many options to serve
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of this pull apart cinnamon coffee cake with chocolate glaze. All opinions are my own.
For me, brunch is not complete with out pastries, danish or coffee cakes. This pull apart cinnamon coffee cake with chocolate glaze will delight your family and friends. It’s full of chocolate, soft on the inside and a little crunch from the cinnamon sugar coating on the outside. It will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth without being overly sweet.
This is one of the easiest coffee cakes you’ll ever make. There are no eggs, no yeast, little kneading. I had it in the oven within about 10 minutes of starting to make it. Kids will enjoy getting in the kitchen to roll the dough into balls and dip them into the butter and cinnamon sugar. I was stressing about getting the pieces arranged just right in the 9-inch pan but as it turns out, the spaces quickly fill in as this bakes. So just space them out a bit, don’t let them touch, and the magic of baking will do the rest.
It pulls apart easily and each little piece doesn’t really stick to the one next to it, making it convenient for little hands.
Other BrunchWeek Recipe Ideas:
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup sugar (I used Imperial Sugar)
- 1/3 cup butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup sugar (I used Imperial Sugar)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour plus extra for kneading
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon LorAnn's Buttery Sweet Dough Bakery Emulsion
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar (I used Imperial Sugar)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 3 - 4 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly grease a 9-inch-round cake pan. Melt 1/4 cup butter in small, microwave-safe dish until just melted and set aside. Combine 2/3 cup granulated sugar and cinnamon in another small bowl, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. Using pastry blender cut in 1/3 cup cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in chocolate chips. Add milk and buttery sweet dough bakery emulsion and stir until dough holds its shape. Transfer dough to lightly floured board. Knead dough 8 - 10 times and form into a ball, flatten to about 1-inch thick. Cut into 4 wedges and then cut each wedge into four equal pieces. You should have 16 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
- Roll each ball in melted butter and then in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Arrange in prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack. Carefully invert onto wire rack. Cool slightly. Invert again onto serving platter. Drizzle with chocolate glaze. Serve warm.
- FOR GLAZE: Combine all glaze ingredients in small bowl stirring until smooth and drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm coffee cake.
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
Antipasto Platter from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Kale Salad with Apples, Carrots, Cheese and Peppers from Shockingly Delicious
Spring Cobb Salad from The Barbee Housewife
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
Asparagus, Mushroom and Cheese Egg Cups from The Bitter Side of Sweet
Asparagus, Sausage, and Onion Quiche from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Breakfast Stuffed Avocados from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Cheesy Ham and Asparagus Frittata from Cooking with Carlee
Egg & Veggie Casserole from The Chef Next Door
Ham & Cheese Hashbrown Frittata from It Bakes Me Happy
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains, and Pastries:
Banana Blueberry Cinnamon Mini Muffins from Sweet Beginnings
Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting from Love and Confections
Cheddar Sun-Dried Tomato Scones from Tara’s Multicultural Table
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Crepes from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Coconut Doughnuts from Mildly Meandering
Grand Marnier French Toast from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Khachapuri (Georgian Cheese Bread with Eggs) from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Morning Glory Doughnuts with Coconut Glaze from The Chef Next Door
Sausage, Egg & Cheese Kolaches from The Spiffy Cookie
Shortcut Blueberry Cheesecake Cinnamon Rolls from Big Bear’s Wife
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
Asparagus and Goat Cheese Tart from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Breakfast Salad from Caroline’s Cooking
Green Apple Smoothie from The PinterTest Kitchen
Herbed Asparagus Velouté from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Roasted Asparagus & Carrots from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
Sweet Potato Hash with Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomatoes from The Redhead Baker