Easy cinnamon roll bake is an easy and delicious way to make breakfast for your family. It’s perfect for a holiday or special occasion or just because.
A good friend shared this recipe with me. I’ve made it for years now and it’s been our go-to Christmas morning breakfast. With big dinners usually planned for the holiday, this satisfies until an early meal or mid-day snack. Plus, it doesn’t take long to make so you can get back to opening presents!
Start with refrigerated cinnamon rolls, the ones that come with icing. My girlfriend adds pecans to her version which is a great way to change up this casserole. My family loved the chocolate chips.
I’ve made easy cinnamon roll bake in a 9 x 13 glass baking dish and my Le Creuset oval baking dish and both work well. The presentation is pretty in either dish. Thought you could consider this a casserole, I think of it more as a breakfast bread pudding.
When I served this for breakfast, I only spooned the syrup that was in the pan over the top. I did not offer more maple syrup. This is a sweet breakfast item and one you may want to serve alongside eggs for a heartier meal.
More Easy Breakfast Ideas:
Welcome to #ChristmasSweetsWeek 2019! 25 bloggers from around the country have come together to share some of their favorite sweet Christmas recipes! Deck the halls and get ready for very merry sweet treats, like fudge, cookies, Christmas morning breakfasts, layer cakes, cocoa, and more.
Enjoy these #ChristmasSweetsWeek recipes from our bloggers:
Christmas Cranberry Cocktail from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Eggnog White Russian from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Hot Apple Cider Buttered Rum from Love and Confections
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate from Palatable Pastime
Easy Cinnamon Roll Bake from Family Around the Table
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (12.4 oz each) refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- Icing from cinnamon rolls
- Powdered sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup, optional
- Heat oven to 375°F. Pour melted butter into ungreased 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
- Separate both cans of dough into 16 rolls; set icing aside. Cut each roll into 8 pieces and place pieces in dish.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs. Beat in cream, cinnamon and vanilla until well blended; gently pour over roll pieces.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and drizzle with 1 cup syrup. Bake 20 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
- While that cools, remove covers from icing and place on a microwave safe plate. Microwave on medium (50%) 10 to 15 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle. Stir before drizzling.
- Drizzle icing over top; sprinkle with powdered sugar. If desired, spoon syrup from dish over individual servings. Serve with the additional ½ cup maple syrup, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.