I know friends who dine at Olive Garden just for the salad and breadsticks. If you know, you know.
The Olive Garden’s Salad Dressing is a favorite and now you can easily make it at home.
Pin The Olive Garden’s Salad Dressing to make later.
It’s just as easy, and far more economical, to make my own salad dressing. Olive Garden’s salad dressing is probably my husband’s favorite.
I found this recipe in my Mom’s collection, by accident, when I was looking for a new homemade dressing.
Olive Garden’s Salad Dressing is my go-to homemade dressing when taking dinner to friends.
I was recently making dinner for a friend who had moved. Her kids are in school and her husband works long hours.
She did a good part of the packing by herself. I wanted her to try to get some rest so I made dinner for her and her family.
What Ingredients Do I Need for The Olive Garden’s Salad Dressing Recipe?
- Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
- Canola Oil
- White Vinegar
- Garlic Powder
I find the easiest way to combine salad is in a salad shaker. I love the OXO salad dressing shaker because I can easily measure my ingredients, shake up the dressing, and serve and store it, all in the same container.
If you don’t have the salad shaker, use a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
How Do You Make Olive Garden’s Salad?
We usually just use this salad dressing recipe on a green salad at home but if you want something close to what the restaurant serves, these are the ingredients you would need.
- Finely chopped Iceberg or Romaine lettuce (Or a combination)
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Pepperoncini peppers
- Black olives
- Garlic croutons
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive Garden Salad Dressing Recipe
It’s not necessary to measure ingredients, just use what you think you need for the number of people you are serving. Cut your tomatoes into bite sides pieces.
When I make this salad at home I love to add protein, such as grilled chicken or steak, to make it heartier and more of a main course salad.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s super easy because you start with a salad dressing packet.
- You probably have many, if not all, of the ingredients on hand.
- Add about a ¼ teaspoon of Italian seasoning for a bigger flavor punch.
- You can use this on a pasta salad as well, such as my linguine salad.
- The dressing can be made in advance and poured over the salad just before serving.
More Recipes for Homemade Salad Dressing
- Tupelo Honey Key Lime Vinaigrette – This is a nice change with sweet citrus notes.
- Classic Blue Cheese Dressing – Rich and creamy it’s also perfect to serve with Buffalo Chicken wings.
- Creamy Bacon Salad Dressing – Who doesn’t love bacon? This creamy dressing would be delicious on a spinach salad.
- 1 packet Good Season's Italian Dressing Mix
- ¾ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon real mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- Combine all ingredients in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake vigorously, holding lid, until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Shake before serving.
- Cheesecake Factory Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes from Jen Around the World
- Copycat Crumble Sugar Cookie Recipe from Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- Copycat Panda Express Chow Mein from Palatable Pastime
- Copycat Wingers Sticky Chicken Fingers from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Homemade Blizzards from Art of Natural Living
- Lighter Chicken Bellagio (The Cheesecake Factory Copycat) from The Spiffy Cookie
- Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Olive Garden Salad Dressingfrom Family Around the Table
- Passion Tea Lemonade from That Recipe
- Strawberry Poppyseed Salad from Magical Ingredients
- Truffle Smashburger from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures