I know friends who dine at Olive Garden just for the salad and breadsticks. If you know, you know.
The Olive Garden’s Salad Dressing is a favorite and now you can easily make it at home.
Pin The Olive Garden’s Salad Dressing to make later.
It’s just as easy, and far more economical, to make my own salad dressing. Olive Garden’s salad dressing is probably my husband’s favorite.
I found this recipe in my Mom’s collection, by accident, when I was looking for a new homemade dressing.
Olive Garden’s Salad Dressing is my go-to homemade dressing when taking dinner to friends.
I was recently making dinner for a friend who had moved. Her kids are in school and her husband works long hours.
She did a good part of the packing by herself. I wanted her to try to get some rest so I made dinner for her and her family.
Along with a great garden salad and Olive Garden’s salad dressing, I made my baked ziti and easy triple chocolate cake for dessert.
What Ingredients Do I Need for The Olive Garden’s Salad Dressing Recipe?
- Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix – There really is no substitute.
- Canola Oil – You need a neutral oil, not olive oil.
- White Vinegar – Also known as distilled white vinegar.
- Water – You don’t need much.
- Salt and Pepper – Seasonings are a must!
- Garlic Powder – Don’t use garlic salt!
- Sugar – Granulated sugar and it doesn’t need much.
- Mayonnaise – Use your favorite brand.
I find the easiest way to combine salad is in a salad shaker. I love the OXO salad dressing shaker because I can easily measure my ingredients, shake up the dressing, and serve and store it, all in the same container.
If you don’t have the salad shaker, use a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
How Do You Make Olive Garden’s Salad?
We usually just use this salad dressing recipe on a green salad at home but if you want something close to what the restaurant serves, these are the ingredients you would need.
- Finely chopped Iceberg or Romaine lettuce (Or a combination)
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Pepperoncini peppers
- Black olives
- Garlic croutons
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive Garden Salad Dressing Recipe
It’s not necessary to measure ingredients, just use what you think you need for the number of people you are serving. Cut your tomatoes into bite sides pieces.
When I make this salad at home I love to add protein, such as grilled chicken or steak, to make it heartier and more of a main course salad.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s super easy because you start with a salad dressing packet.
- You probably have many, if not all, of the ingredients on hand.
- Add about a ¼ teaspoon of Italian seasoning for a bigger flavor punch.
- You can use this on a pasta salad as well, such as my linguine salad.
- The dressing can be made in advance and poured over the salad just before serving.
More Recipes for Homemade Salad Dressing
- Tupelo Honey Key Lime Vinaigrette – This is a nice change with sweet citrus notes.
- Classic Blue Cheese Dressing – Rich and creamy it’s also perfect to serve with Buffalo Chicken wings.
- Creamy Bacon Salad Dressing – Who doesn’t love bacon? This creamy dressing would be delicious on a spinach salad.
Olive Garden’s Salad Dressing (Copycat Version)
The salad at Olive Garden is a favorite for many. Now you can make the dressing at home and save some money.
- 1 packet Good Season's Italian Dressing Mix
- ¾ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon real mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- Combine all ingredients in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake vigorously, holding lid, until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Shake before serving.
This is my favorite salad dressing and would love to try your recipe! The dressing souds fantastic just like Olive Garden’s!
Anne Lawton says
Who knew that Olive Garden’s dressing would be so easy to make? Thanks for sharing!
Liz @ Books n' Cooks says
Oh yum. This salad dressing is soooo good – so excited to make it at home!
Sue Lau says
This is perfect for that salad I love on pizza night. I love making dressings from scratch.
Olive garden does make a delicious dressing, I’m going to have to give this recipe a try!
You cracked the code! This sounds wonderful. P.S. What a nice friend you are!
Lisa Kerhin says
I always ask for more dressing on the side to dip the bread sticks in when we go to OG. You’ve just given me more reasons to make salad and bread sticks at home now!
Colleen - Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck says
My family loves this dressing…definitely saving this one for later!
I agree I definitely prefer to make my own salad dressings at home and great that you’ve found a way to recreate a family favorite.
I’m intrigued there is mayo in this! I will definitely give it a try. My fridge is bare of dressings right now.
Tayler Ross says
My favorite part about Olive Garden is the dressing, and this recipe is the best copycat I’ve found!
This is probably one of my favorite salad dressings! So good…I love that I can make it at home!