I love to bake for my family and friends, especially during the holidays but sometimes, the days get away from me. Time can certainly be at a premium during the busy holiday season. These Devil’s Food Mini Chip Cookies start with a cake mix meaning you can get them made in a pinch making them perfect for a neighbor holiday hostess gift. If you do a lot of holiday baking but want “just one more cookie” this recipe could be it.
I found the recipe in my bulging “to try” file and thought it would be a great choice for the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies. If you bake, we’ve all been there, when you are pressed to get your baking done. Maybe you’ve made a couple of recipes and want just one more. This could be it, especially since this recipe starts with a cake mix. The recipe originally came from Taste of Home.
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, butter and water (batter will be thick). Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake 10-13 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Adapted from Taste of Home
Devil’s Food Mini Chip Cookies from Family Around the Table
French Sables from Palatable Pastime
Kleicha (Iraqi Date Cookies) from Caroline’s Cooking
Super Duper Chewy Milk Chocolate M&M Cookies from Cooking With Carlee
Pistachio and Apricot Oatmeal Cookies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Rogaliki from A Day in the Life on The Farm
Salted Caramel Thumbprints from Jolene’s Recipe Journal