I love to bake for my family and friends, especially during the holidays but sometimes, the days get away from me. Time can certainly be at a premium during the busy holiday season. These Devil’s Food Mini Chip Cookies start with a cake mix meaning you can get them made in a pinch making them perfect for a neighbor holiday hostess gift. If you do a lot of holiday baking but want “just one more cookie” this recipe could be it.
I found the recipe in my bulging “to try” file and thought it would be a great choice for the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies. If you bake, we’ve all been there, when you are pressed to get your baking done. Maybe you’ve made a couple of recipes and want just one more. This could be it, especially since this recipe starts with a cake mix.
Devil’s Food Mini Chip Cookies
- 1 package devil’s food cake mix I used Duncan Hines
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, butter and water (batter will be thick). Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake 10-13 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.