Pumpkin spice cupcakes with vanilla bean buttercream are a treat you’ll be making throughout the fall. Filled with the flavor of warm pumpkin spice they are perfect for a dessert buffet.
I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #PumpkinWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Ahhh…fall! It’s a favorite time of year for many people. The temperatures begin to drop, the holidays are around the corner and pumpkin is in the air.
I’ve used all of my favorite products in this recipe. Cabot butter, Dixie Crystals sugar and fun sprinkles from Sweets & Treats, along with the bamboo cutting board, courtesy of Dixie Crystals. I know I can always trust these quality products to produce great results.
This cupcake batter is light and airy. It seems like there is a lot of batter so when you’re filling the cupcake liners it’s ok to fill them more than ¾ full. I know, I know, most recipes for cupcakes say to fill them only ¾ full. You can fill these a little more, about just below the top of the liner.
I confess, I thought they were going to get bigger than they did when I was filling them. While I do love jumbo cupcakes, the cups were pretty full and I was afraid they may spill over making a mess in my oven. Thankfully that did not happen. Just make sure you beat the batter so it is airy.
Recipes from #PumpkinWeek in the past:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups sugar (I used Dixie Crystals)
- 1 ½ sticks butter, softened (I used Cabot Butter)
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounce) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup buttermilk
Vanilla Bean Buttercream
- 1 ½ sticks butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar (I used Dixie Crystals)
- 1 - 2 tablespoons milk
- Pumpkin Candy Sprinkles (I used Sweets and Treats)
- Orange decorator sugar (I used Sweets and Treats)
- Preheat oven to 350 degreesF. Line 24 standard muffin cups with paper baking cups
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice into a medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add egg, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine pumpkin and buttermilk in a small bowl; mix well. Alternately add flour mixture and pumpkin mixture to butter mixture, beating well after each addition. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Prepare vanilla bean buttercream; pipe or spread on cupcakes. Sprinkle with pumpkin sprinkles and orange sugar.
- Make vanilla bean buttercream: Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until light and airy. Add vanilla bean paste and beat until well blended. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until incorporated and mixture is light and fluffy. Add one to two tablespoons milk, if necessary to reach desired spreading consistency.
If you are piping the buttercream you may want to double the recipe. This makes enough for spreading.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Enjoy these #PumpkinWeek recipes from our bloggers:
Butterscotch Pumpkin Spice Latte from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew from Food Above Gold
Pumpkin Butterscotch Smoothie from The Mandatory Mooch
Pumpkin Pie Mule from Seduction In The Kitchen
Spooky Sugar Pumpkin Shake from For the Love of Food
White Pumpkin-Spiced Hot Chocolate from Our Good Life
Pumpkin Breakfasts & Baked Goods:
3-Ingredient Cheater Pumpkin Muffins from Shockingly Delicious
Caramel Pecan Pumpkin Muffins from Red Cottage Chronicles
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins from The Bitter Side of Sweet
Pumpkin Butter from Everyday Eileen
Pumpkin Butter from Jen Around the World
Pumpkin Coffee Cake from It Bakes Me Happy
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast from Sweet Beginnings
Pumpkin French Toast with Maple Butter from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Roll Cake from Love & Confections
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte Cinnamon Rolls from The Baking Fairy
Savory Pumpkin Recipes:
Cheesy Corn Pumpkin Dip from Caroline’s Cooking
Pumpkin Deviled Eggs from 4 Sons R Us
Pumpkin Herb Cheese Ball from The Spiffy Cookie
Pumpkin Pancetta Risotto from The Redhead Baker
Amish Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting from Palatable Pastime
Gluten Free Pumpkin Snickerdoodles from Frugal & Fit
Mini Pumpkin Bundt Cakes from Big Bear’s Wife
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites from The Beard and The Baker
Mini Pumpkin Spice Trifles from My Sweet Zepol
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cream Pies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pumpkin Pie Fudge from Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats
Pumpkin Pudding from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Pumpkin Spice Biscotti from Creative Southern Home
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream from Family Around the Table
Pumpkin Sprinkle Cookies from Daily Dish Recipes
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting from Blogghetti
Spiced Pumpkin and Apple Cakes from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Fall is in the air, and we are celebrating our love of pumpkin with #PumpkinWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. All week-long 34 bloggers will be sharing 140+ fantastic recipes for all your Autumn celebrations, including breakfasts, baked goods, savory pumpkin recipes, desserts, and drinks.