A quick, easy and special treat this glazed cherry cheese danish is perfect for the weekend.
Half of my family loves cherries. I am not in that half, therefore I don’t usually make recipes with cherries. This glazed cherry cheese danish makes 4 servings but can easily be doubled for more.
It makes a sweet treat any time but the beautiful bright red color of the cherries makes it perfect for Valentine’s Day. When you make this recipe, make sure the cream cheese is nice and soft. Cream cheese is pretty soft anyway but if it’s just from the fridge, it may tear the pastry when you spread it. Trust me on this,
It’s really easy to make the glaze and you could even flavor it with some almond extract if you wanted. After all, almond and cherry makes a delicious combination. I used half and half but you could certainly use water or milk.
Do you know what else is easy? The fact you can make these, start to finish, in less than 30 minutes. If you’re looking to make this on the weekend, get some extra help in the kitchen. Enlist the kids and you can cut that time down. As my Mom used to say, many hands make light work.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- To make glaze:
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons half and half
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Carefully separate crescent dough into four rectangles. Place on a silicone baking mat or parchment paper lined baking sheet; seal perforations. Using an offset spreader, spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese onto each rectangle. Top each with 1/4 cup cherry pie filling.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. Glaze while danish is warm.
To make glaze:
- In a bowl combine confectioners' sugar, half and half and pure vanilla extract. Whisk until drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 85mg Carbohydrates: 34g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 15g Protein: 2g