Recently my family was asking for a chocolate dessert. I went poking around my pantry because I didn’t want to make a trip to the store. Knowing that my Lemon Oreo Bars are a really popular recipe here on the blog, I thought Chocolate Oreo Bars might be a good idea.
I was right. They are super easy to make and, if you like Oreos, you probably have all the ingredients. All you need is a chocolate cake mix, preferably Devil’s food, the ingredients to make it and Oreos. Like the lemon version, I put a simple powdered sugar glaze on top.
I made this in a 9×9-inch pan. You could make it in an 8×8-inch pan and it will be thicker. It’s really a matter of personal preference. The middle did sink a bit when it started to cool but it was still delicious. The crumb is more dense than that of a cake.
This is an easy recipe to get the kids involved. They can mix the ingredients and crush the Oreos. After all, who doesn’t love to smash cookies into crumbs?! I put the cookies in a heavy duty zipper bag and let my kids pound away. I don’t recommend a food processor for this task because you want big chunks of cookie for the top, not fine crumbs.
My blogger friends and I are celebrating chocolate this week. Check out the other recipes below and follow along on our Pinterest board and join our Facebook group.
- Chocolate Fudge Raspberry Bars by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Baked Chocolate Donuts by That Recipe
- Chocolate Oreo Bars by Family Around the Table
- Chocolate Walnut Caramels by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Espresso Mocha Macaron with Salted Dark Chocolate Filling by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Kalamon-Chocolate Cantucci by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Low-Sugar Double Chocolate Muffins by Blogghetti
- Mini Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (Small Batch) by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Old Fashioned Chocolate Pudding by Home Sweet Homestead
- S’mores Pie by Art of Natural Living
- Summer Hot Chocolate by Our Good Life