A classic holiday cookie gets an update with candy cane Hershey kisses, a bit of peppermint in the cookie, and festive holiday sugars. Peppermint blossom cookies are sure to become a new favorite.
This recipe is sponsored by Adams Extracts and Spices. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Family Around the Table possible.
You may be familiar with the classic peanut butter blossoms. These are a take on that cookie. A rather festive take if I do say so myself.
I love the classic peanut butter and chocolate combination but I also like fun combinations since there are so many new Hershey Kisses flavors. I like to offer options for this fun cookie for those who may have a peanut allergy.
You know I love the products from our sponsor Adams Extract and, though they didn’t send the peppermint this year, I have it on hand so I used it. Just 1/2 a teaspoon because any more would be overpowering with the candy cane kiss.
I wanted a festive-looking cookie so I used red, green, and then a mixture of the sugars. I thought they would look pretty on a cookie tray or cake stand.
When the cookies come out of the oven, let them cool 2 minutes before adding the kiss. The first few I did I added them right away, thinking it would stick better. Well, it started to melt because the cookie was too hot. 2 minutes was just the right time any more and it won’t take.
I can’t decide which I like best, all red, all green or a mix. Feel free to use whatever colors you want. A clear sugar would also be lovely.
If you love blossom cookies, try my chocolate orange blossom that I posted a few years ago.
More Minty Cookie Recipes
- Peppermint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Peppermint Snowball Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Mint Sandwich Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract, I used Adams Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, I used Adams Best Extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup red or green sugar crystals (or mixed together)
- 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Candy Cane Candies, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat butter, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla and peppermint extracts until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Using a small cookie scoop, shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in red and green sugar mixture. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. Remove from oven; cool 1 to 2 minutes. Gently press a candy Kiss into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.