Every year during the holidays I’m inspired to try new recipes. Especially cookie recipes. My dad’s favorite ice cream flavor was butter pecan so I thought, why not try a cookie with similar flavors. Well, this cookie was a complete and total win! Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, it only makes 2 dozen cookies. I really don’t need to eat too many of them but they are addicting. Not too sweet with a nice crispy texture.
This is my favorite cookie of the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies. I’ve really never had a cookie anything like it. I can’t believe it’s Day 4 of the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies, already! Don’t forget to check out my blogger friends cookie recipes below.
Toasted Butter Pecan Cookies
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans toasted
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small frying pan melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add chopped pecans and gently toast over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 cup toasted pecans. Stir well and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer combine butter and sugar in mixing bowl until light, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in flour, vanilla and salt, scraping down sides of bowl, just until dough comes together. Fold in pecans.
- Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, roll in to a ball. Roll balls in pecan sugar mixture and set on parchment lined baking sheet. Gently flatten with bottom of glass.
- Bake until golden, about 12 - 15 minutes.
- Cool cookies on cooling rack.
Eggnog Biscotti from Making the Most of Naptime
German Gingerbread Cookies from Cooking With Carlee
Jumbo Brownie Cookies from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Lebkuchen from A Day in the Life on The Farm
Toasted Butter Pecan Cookies from Family Around the Table