This chocolate Oreo Fudgesicle holds a special place in my heart. Once a week, when I was in Catholic school (for 8 years) we would be able to purchase an ice cream treat. Now, I brought my lunch, a peanut butter sandwich, with the crust cut off, every single day, but my Mom or Dad would give me money for the ice cream. I remember the choices being fudgesicles, ice cream sandwiches and popsicles. The kind with 2 sticks that you could break in half and share. I miss those popsicles.
Dairy month posts continue with chocolate Oreo fudgesicles. While they clearly would have been delicious on their own, I added Oreo cookie crumbs. My kids had never had a fudgesicle before and they are now hooked. I used paper cups this time for a bit of variety. I’ve been making a lot of pops lately, like creamy cantaloupe pops. They worked out nicely.
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- About 15 Oreos, crushed
- Popsicle molds or 3 ounce paper cups with wooden sticks
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine pudding, milk and sugar; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Cool 30 minutes, stirring often.
- While mixture is cooling chill your mixing bowl and beaters. Whip cream.
- Fold in cream.
- Place a thin layer of crushed Oreos on the bottom of cups or molds. Alternately, you could sprinkle the crushed Oreos on top of the cups.
- Spoon mixture into plastic molds or 3 ounce paper cups. Attach lids to molds or, if using cups, top with foil and insert pop sticks through foil.
- Freeze until firm, 3-4 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.