As I finish #appleweek, #pumpkinweek starts Monday. While all the recipes will use pumpkin puree, at least one of mine uses pumpkin pie spice as well. So, I thought I would make my own since I had all the spices in my cabinet. Saved me a trip to the store, a little money and I’m using up my spices.
So, are you wondering where to use pumpkin pie spice other than in a pumpkin pie recipe? Add a little to a pumpkin smoothie, make pumpkin spice popcorn for movie night, add to your morning oatmeal, make a pumpkin spice milkshake, add some spice to your pancake or waffle batter, or make pumpkin spice ice cream. The possibilities are really endless. Just use your imagination.
To store your newly made spice, put it in an old spice jar (and I don’t mean the men’s cologne) you’ve thoroughly washed and dried or in a small mason jar, as I did. Either way, be sure to label it so you know what it is!
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cloves
- Mix the spices together in a small bowl. Transfer to a jar and store with other spices away from heat in a cool place.
This post contains affiliate links.