- Once kids finish their homework, have them pack it back up into their backpack or book bag. It saves rushing around trying to find their math book or calculator.
- Kids need plenty of rest. Get them to bed at an appropriate hour for their age. You know your kids best and how much sleep they need. One of my boys needs more than the other.
- Try to stay positive. Raising your voice to get kids to move faster will set the tone for their day. You want them to have a good day, and, honestly, you want to have a good day too. As difficult as it may be, try to restrain yourself from getting upset. I know first hand this can be difficult but it’s better for everyone involved.
- Talk about the plans for the day. What projects are due? Do your kids have any quizzes or tests? Talk about your day as well. Do you have big meetings? An important project? Or even household chores that need to be accomplished. We’ve been doing this in my family for years now and my teenagers, boys at that, often ask what I have planned for the day. Usually I tease them and tell them I’ll be playing video games all day while they are at school.
- Probably most important is to eat a good and healthy breakfast. Both of my boys love Pepperidge Farm Swirl Breads and the two new oatmeal varieties, apple and cinnamon and maple and brown sugar, have become fast favorites.
As a Mom, I’m thrilled they enjoy these new Pepperidge Farm Swirl Oatmeal Bread varieties as much as I do. The slices are thick and hearty, baked with whole grains, contains no high fructose corn syrup, is a good source of fiber, and no artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners making it a good breakfast bread choice. When paired with eggs and sausage or bacon, make for a delicious and nutritious breakfast for kids and adults. This is my family’s favorite way to start the day! You can also top this delicious bread with your favorite toppings. I love a smear of peanut butter on the apple and cinnamon variety with some sliced apples on top. How would you top this bread?
Pepperidge Farm Swirl Oatmeal Bread is a great way to start the day. It’s thick cut and hearty, perfect with eggs and more.