White chocolate, strawberry, and champagne scones with champagne glaze are an elegant and impressive choice for brunch.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of recipes. All opinions are mine.
Welcome to Spring Sweets Week! All week my blogger friends and I are sharing sweets for spring. I’m kicking off the week with these white chocolate, strawberry and champagne scones with champagne glaze. An easy yet impressive recipe for all of your spring entertaining. Think Easter, Mother’s Day, or bridesmaid’s brunch.
Scones always look so good in the bakery case and it wasn’t until I made them a few years ago for the first time that I realized how easy they are to make. The first scone recipe I made was apple cinnamon scones with a salted caramel drizzle for my first brunch week almost 3 years ago.
Many I know who make scones roll the dough. I prefer to pat it to between 3/4″ and 1″ thick. I think rolling the dough can toughen it while patting it keeps it tender. Scones don’t really rise like a cookie would so you can set them closer together on a baking sheet.
Glaze them while they are warm and serve warm with a cup of coffee or glass of bubbly. If you don’t have champagne, you can substitute prosecco, cava, or sparkling wine. Substitute water or milk in the glaze if you want to serve these scones at a baby shower. I wouldn’t worry about the alcohol in the scone as it would bake out. If you are worried, substitute club soda.
This post uses Dixie Crystals sugar. What I love about their powdered sugar is it’s fine and smooth. Not full of hard lumps. It sifts nicely and always makes a smooth glaze.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional for dusting
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup champagne, or more as needed
- 2/3 cup hulled and chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- 2 tablespoons champagne
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt to combine. Add the butter and pulse until pea-sized butter balls form, about 15 - 20 seconds. Turn out into a bowl.
- Whisk together the buttermilk and champagne in a measuring cup and carefully mix together with the dry ingredients. Gently fold in the strawberries and white chocolate chips. (The dough should be dry, but if it looks very dry and isn't coming together into a loose dough, add in a splash more of champagne.)
- Gently pat out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a circle about 1 inch thick, then cut into 8 wedges. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown and set, 16 to 18 minutes. Let cool completely, then drizzle with champagne glaze.
Make Champagne Glaze:
- In a small bowl combine the confectioners' sugar and champagne. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cooled scones.
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2019 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures! What better way to celebrate the coming of spring than with food and a fun giveaway? 30 bloggers from around the country have come together to share over 100 sweet recipes perfect for spring!
- Blueberry Shortbread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Carrot Cake Balls by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Carrot Cake Nest Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Swirl Cheesecake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Easy Marshmallow Popcorn Balls by House of Nash Eats
- Healthier Orange Julius Copycat by Simply Inspired Meals
- Individual Italian Easter Breads by Cookaholic Wife
- Lemon Blueberry Croissant Bread Pudding by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Blueberry Scones by A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
- Mini Key Lime Cheesecakes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Mini Strawberry Mousse Tarts by A Savory Feast
- Orange Pineapple Nice Cream Pops by Crumb Top Baking
- PB&J PEEPSomars by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Peach Blueberry Upside Down Cake by The Tip Garden
- Peeps Shortbread Checkerboard by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Roasted Strawberry Mousse Tart by The Gingered Whisk
- Soft Frosted Lemon Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Spring Fruit and Rice Krispies Treat Kabobs by Blogghetti
- Strawberry Raspberry Smoothie by Books n’ Cooks
- Sweet Breakfast Crepes by The Speckled Palate
- Vanilla Bean Dutch Baby with Strawberry Hibiscus Syrup by The Baking Fairy
- White Chocolate, Strawberry, and Champagne Scones with Champagne Glaze by Family Around the Table
- White Cupcakes with Blueberry Frosting by Sweet Beginnings