Every summer backyard party needs a signature drink and this Cherry Lime Margarita is perfect for entertaining. If you don’t know what to do with leftover cherry juice, this cocktail is a delicious option.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, an Instacart Tastemaker, as well as a member of other various affiliate programs, I earn a nominal commission if products are purchased through links at no additional charge to you.
If you’ve never had cherry and lime together you are missing out. This maraschino cherry margarita is a fresh twist on America’s most popular cocktail.
- Tequila – Silver tequila is best for this cocktail.
- Lime Juice – Fresh is always best if you have it. I often use Key limes from my tree but juice from Persian limes is just as good.
- Cherry Juice – In the spirit of no waste, use the juice from the maraschino cherry jar.
- Kosher Salt – for rimming the glass.
- Lime and Maraschino Cherry – for rimming the glass and as a garnish.
How do you make a cherry lime margarita?
There are a number of ways to make this cherry tequila cocktail. I am one who hates to waste. I had leftover maraschino cherry juice in my fridge and I always prefer a drink with less alcohol and more flavor so I used it.
Chances are, if you love cherries, you have a jar in your refrigerator too. If you don’t, feel free to use a cherry liqueur or cherry syrup as a substitute.
The best part about making this cocktail is you don’t need a cocktail shaker. It’s easily made in a cocktail glass.
Is Grenadine Cherry Syrup?
For those that may not know, grenadine is not a cherry syrup. Grenadine is made from pomegranates. There are a couple of cherry syrups on the market if you’re wanting less alcohol in your drink.
Want more margarita flavors? My ultimate margarita collection has a nice variety of cocktails.
More Cherry Lime Drinks
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card below.
Cherry Lime Margarita
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces maraschino cherry juice
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 lime wedges one for rimming the glass
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Put kosher salt on a flat plate. Run a lime wedge around the cocktail glass and rin with salt.
- Add ice to an old-fashioned glass along with the tequila, lime juice, and cherry juice. Stir to mix. Add lime and cherry as a garnish.