Every summer backyard party needs a signature drink and this Cherry Lime Margarita is perfect for entertaining. Make it for small or larger gatherings.
Pin Cherry Lime Margarita to make later.
If you’ve never had cherry and lime together you are missing out. This margarita, made with silver tequila, is a fresh twist on American’s most popular cocktail.
There are a number of ways to make this cocktail. I am one who hates to waste. I had leftover maraschino cherry juice in my fridge and I always prefer a drink with less alcohol and more flavor so I used it.
Chances are, if you love cherries, you have a jar in your refrigerator too. If you don’t, feel free to use a cherry liqueur or a cherry syrup as a substitute.
For those that may not know, grenadine is not a cherry syrup. Grenadine is made from pomegranates. Thee are a couple of cherry syrups on the market if you’re wanting less alcohol in your drink.
Want more margarita flavors? My ultimate margarita collection has a nice variety of cocktails.
Cherry Lime Margarita
A sweet cherry twist on a classic margarita.
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces maraschino cherry juice
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 lime wedges, one for rimming the glass
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Put kosher salt on a flat plate. Run a lime wedge around the cocktail glass and rin with salt.
- Add ice to an old-fashioned glass along with the tequila, lime juice, and cherry juice. Stir to mix. Add lime and cherry as a garnish.
Monday #BBQWeek Recipes
- Amazing Foil Packets On The Grill With Steak And Potatoes by Our Crafty Mom
- Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts by Sweet Beginnings
- Cherry Lime Margarita by Family Around the Table
- DIY Marzetti’s Slaw Dressing by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Crock Pot Pork Butt Pulled Pork by Intelligent Domestications
- Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pulled Pork by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Calico Baked Beans by Blogghetti
- Smoked BBQ Brisket by The Spiffy Cookie
- Smoked Pork Butt Tacos by Our Good Life
- Southwestern Mini Grilled Pork Sandwiches by The Freshman Cook
- Sweet Chili-Lime Grilled Chicken by Making Miracles
- Winey Burgers by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Christie Campbell says
I’m a total cherry fiend! I can’t wait to shake some of these up this summer.
The Freshman Cook says
What a gorgeous refreshing drink for a hot afternoon! I can see where these could become a wonderful, fun habit this summer and I am looking forward to making one soon!
I’m a sucker for margaritas and this flavor sounds so good!
Wendy Klik says
I’ll have one or two of those as we lounge around the pool please. So refreshing!!
Rebekah @ Making Miracles says
Love that gorgeous color on that drink! Cherry and lime are just a match made in heaven.
Lisa Kerhin says
What a yummy drink for the summer!