Fire up the grill and throw on the burgers. Colby Jack cheeseburgers are easy, delicious and you can top them anyway you like.
This sponsored post is part of a burger grill giveaway hosted by GirlCarnivore but the burger creation is all my own.
I’m lucky to live where we can grill year round. Colby Jack cheeseburgers are on our menu often. We are not an adventurous burger family, kind of on the boring side. Last year’s French onion burger was a big step outside the comfort zone.
This year’s burger goes back to simplicity. I know my family can’t be the only one out there that goes simple when it comes to burgers. Cabot cheese provided us with some cracker slices and I thought it would be a great use to pile them onto a burger.
Colby Jack cheeseburgers are a favorite because it’s one of our favorite cheeses. In fact I had to hide the cracker cuts from my son until I made the burgers. Once he got the go ahead, he polished off the few slices that were left.
So, what are you waiting for? Go fire up the grill and enjoy these cheeseburgers. If these are too simplistic for your tastes, check out other burger creations from the bloggers below.
How to Build the Perfect Colby Jack Cheeseburgers
- Ground beef
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Brioche Bun
- Grilled Onions
Colby Jack Burger
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices Cabot Cheese Colby Jack Cracker Cuts
- 4 Brioche buns
- Toppings as desired, condiments, tomato, lettuce, etc.
- 1 large onion, sliced into half moons
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a mixing bowl combine ground beef, chopped onions, Montreal Steak Seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well but do not over work the meat.
- Divide meat into four ¼ pound patties.
- Grill to desired doneness, about 15 minutes for medium.
- While burgers grill, melt butter and sauté onions over medium heat until translucent.
- Just before removing burgers from the grill, top each patty with ¼ of the onions and 2 slices of Cabot Colby Jack Cracker Cut cheese. Build your burger on the Brioche bun and enjoy!