When you are in the mood for a sweet treat Ultimate Double Chocolate Brownies are the answer. They are full of rich chocolaty flavor. Delicious alone or use a slice as a base for an ice cream sundae.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, an Instacart Tastemaker, as well as a member of other various affiliate programs, I earn a nominal commission if products are purchased through links at no additional charge to you.
So, it’s been a while since I’ve posted a brownie recipe on the blog. I just really haven’t made any in a while. But spring break is over and my son’s teacher asked if I’d make a treat for the first day back.
The batter is a traditional brownie batter but the addition of chocolate chips make it extra chocolaty. Trust me when I say these brownies are a chocolate lovers dream come true. You’re going to want a big glass of milk.
The batter is thick and takes some maneuvering to spread it in the pan. Be patient and be sure to spread the batter evenly so that it cooks evenly. It may look a little thin but you do get a nice thickness.
The kids in my son’s class loved them. One Mom even asked me for the recipe. They really are “that good”! So surprise the family with a pan of these brownies. You probably have all the ingredients on hand.
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card below.
Ultimate Double Chocolate Brownies
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup butter melted, divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with flour spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda. Add 1/3 cup melted butter and mix until incorporated.
- Add boiling water; stir until well blended. You may want to use a whisk for this part.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, and remaining butter. Add flour, vanilla and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and spread evenly. Bake 30-45 minutes at 350℉ or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut before serving.