Ultimate Double Chocolate Brownies are full of chocolaty flavor. Delicious alone or use a slice as a base for an ice cream sundae.
So, it’s been a while since I’ve posted a brownie recipe on the blog. I just really haven’t made any in a while. But spring break is over and my son’s teacher asked if I’d make a treat for the first day back.
The batter is a traditional brownie batter but the addition of chocolate chips make it extra chocolaty. Trust me when I say these brownies are a chocolate lovers dream come true. You’re going to want a big glass of milk.
The batter is thick and takes some maneuvering to spread it in the pan. Be patient and be sure to spread the batter evenly so that it cooks evenly. It may look a little thin but you do get a nice thickness.
The kids in my son’s class loved them. One Mom even asked me for the recipe. They really are “that good”! So surprise the family with a pan of these brownies. You probably have all the ingredients on hand.
- ¾ cup baking cocoa
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ cup butter, melted, divided
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with flour spray. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda. Add ⅓ cup melted butter and mix until incorporated. Add boiling water; stir until well blended. You may want to use a whisk for this part. Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining butter. Add flour, vanilla and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and spread evenly. Bake 30-45 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information automatically calculated. Recipe author has not checked the calculations.