An easy and refreshing juice-based drink that’s kid-friendly. It is perfect for summer sipping on a hot day.
I’ve been looking for a refreshing, non-alcoholic beverage for my son’s upcoming summer birthday party. I really hate serving sodas and yes, I know juice has sugar, but it’s a better choice than a straight soda.
I usually always have cranberry and pineapple juices in my pantry and orange juice in my refrigerator. Though we aren’t big soda drinkers, I usually always have Sprite and ginger ale on hand too.
This recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. It’s not too sweet and doesn’t have the bite of the carbonation that comes with Sprite (the lemon-lime soda I used). The best part is it will be easy to adjust the ingredients for a larger crowd.
My husband thought it looked a little dark and suggested white cranberry juice. I think the color is fine but if you agree, go with the white.Cool and refreshing this non-alcoholic cranberry orange spritzer is perfect for a hot day. #kidfriendly
You could also make this a grown-up libation by adding vodka or rum, or my favorite, spiced rum. I did not chill the juices prior to making this and it was fine just poured over ice. I would chill them in the future. I usually purchase the six-pack of Ocean Spray cranberry juice and those are just over a cup so I used the whole bottle since there wasn’t much left.
It’s easy to make this punch in advance, just don’t add the Sprite until you are ready to serve. You wouldn’t want it going flat.
To save the calories from the lemon-lime soda, you could certainly substitute carbonated water such as Perrier, although the taste will be very different.
Do you want more kid-friendly drinks?
- 1 cup cranberry juice, chilled
- ½ cup unsweetened pineapple juice, chilled
- ¼ cup orange juice, chilled
- 1 can lemon-lime soda (such as Sprite), chilled
- Ice cubes
- In a pitcher combine all ingredients except ice cubes. Gently stir the to combine. Place ice cubes in two glasses and fill with cranberry mixture.
This post was originally published on June 3, 2015, updated on July 12, 2020.
- Beef on Weck by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Black-Eyed Susan Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Blackened Fish Tacos by That Recipe
- Chipped Chop Ham Sandwiches by Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Orange Spritzer by Family Around the Table
- Easy Virginia Peanut Soup by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Fried Cheese Curds by Art of Natural Living
- Indiana Popcorn Cookies by Veggies First Then Dessert
- Okie Style Grilled Onion Burger by Pandemonium Noshery
- Walleye: It’s a Michigan Thing by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Wisconsin Butter Burger by Cheese Curd In Paradise