You’re probably wondering what a ‘Noreaster is. Well, in the world of meteorology it is a storm. But in the world of cooking, or rather imbibing, it’s an adult beverage. This is a drink I used to serve often when I was a waitress at a St. Augustine bar, Scarlett O’Hara’s, many years ago. It was very popular on cold North Florida nights.
This drink became an instant favorite for me because I was a fan of Captain Morgan long before I ever served my first ‘Noreaster. Thinking about what to make for #CranberryWeek brought me back to this beverage. It’s been a very long time since I even thought about it. I have many good memories of my time working at Scarlett O’Hara’s. It was a fun job and I even got to meet a couple of celebrities. I learned so much from my boss and the other employees. This job is where my love of food and cocktails came to light. Most of the menu was pub type food but it had an impact on me. I also learned how to make drinks which has served me well, especially since I wound up in the wine and spirit industry and then ultimately a food writer and blogger. So, this ‘Noreaster has a very special place in my heart.
- 1 ounce Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 6 ounces cranberry juice
- Orange slice
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Pour the cranberry juice into a mug and heat in a microwave until steaming. Add Captain Morgan Spiced Rum.
- Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on an orange slice and float in mug. Serve warm.
Welcome to #CranberryWeek, hosted by Caroline’s Cooking and A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. We’ll be sharing cranberry-inspired creations all week long in celebration of national cranberry day. Search #CranberryWeek to keep up to date and follow the #CranberryWeek Pinterest board for more cranberry inspiration. But first, see all the other cranberry recipes being shared today:
- Cranberry-Apple Sauce from The Chef Next Door
- Cranberry Cornbread from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry Maple Delicata Squash Galette from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cranberry Orange Baked Brie from Books n’ Cooks
- Cranberry Palmiers from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Cranberry Rosemary Cornbread from Life Currents
- Cranberry Snack Cake from Cooking With Carlee
- Cranberry Upside Down Cake from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Noreaster from Family Around The Table
- Pork Shashlyk and Tkemali from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cranberries from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Shallot Cranberry Chutney from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Brisket from Palatable Pastime
- Stuffed Endive with Blue Cheese, Walnuts & Cranberries from Full Belly Sisters
- Upsidedown Cranberry Cake from Hostess At Heart