Cheesy brie and apple pull-apart bread is a delicious appetizer that combines this pair in a delicious way.
Time certainly flies when you’re having fun, especially when apples are involved. Brie is probably my favorite cheese. I think this is now my third recipe on the blog that uses brie. Brie and apples are another match made in heaven.
Once we were back home after Hurricane Irma, we got together with our neighbors for some stress relief. I made this appetizer to take to their house and it was a hit. They asked for the recipe and I came home with an empty dish.
I used the Honeycrisp from Rainier Fruit. The sourdough loaf fit perfectly into my new, beautiful watercolor Pyrex pie plate. If you’ve not seen the collection yet, they are much prettier in person.
While you could certainly put the loaf on a foil-lined baking sheet, I thought this dish was perfect not only to catch the melted butter but also to use as the serving dish. It’s really that lovely.
A couple of notes about the recipe: I didn’t peel the apples. Because they are sliced so thinly they don’t need to be peeled. That saved some time. I got out my trusty mandolin to get the slices so thin. I wanted them a uniform size.
Cheesy Brie and Apple Pull Apart Bread
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 Rainier Fruit Honeycrisp Apples thinly sliced (I used my mandolin)
- 7 ounce round Brie cheese sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using a serrated knife cut the top of the bread diagonally in one direction, then diagonally in the other direction, creating a criss-cross. Do not cut all the way through the bottom of the loaf. Gently fan out the loaf to show the squares or bread.
- Place bread in a round Pyrex glass dish.
- Melt butter and pour over bread getting into each of the cuts. On one side of each cut wedge an apple and a cheese slice. Use all of the cheese and apple slices. There’s no such thing as too much.
- Cover bread with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes until bread is golden and crispy and cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.