Entertaining has never been easier with these cranberry cheddar cheese appetizer pitas. Quick and easy and ready in under 20 minutes.
The holidays can be full of last minute guests and party invitations. We often invite neighbors over on the spur of the moment for cocktails and appetizers so we can catch up. These cranberry cheddar cheese appetizer pitas are the perfect nibble. They come together quickly and are so easy to make.
Sometimes when we get together with our neighbors it’s last minute and these are perfect. There are a few things I really love about these cranberry cheddar cheese appetizer bites including the flavor, cranberry and cheddar go well together, but they are delicious warm or at room temperature.
I actually used a ½ teaspoon measuring spoon to put the whole berry cranberry sauce on the pita rounds. You don’t want to add too much or it will be a messy bite. This appetizer was designed for about 2 bites and to be finger food.
Don’t add too much cheese so as not to overpower the tart cranberry. Use enough to melt over the top and keep the dollop of cranberry in place when serving. I used a sharp white Cheddar from Cabot that balances well with the flavor of the cranberry. You can serve these with a cranberry cocktail such as my cranberry margarita, holiday cranberry spritzer or a nice white wine such as a Pinot Grigio. If you’re looking for more appetizers try warm cranberry spread or baked onion dip.
- 2 (8-inch) whole wheat pita breads
- ½ cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup white Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Using a 2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter, cut each pita into round. You should get 3 from each pita. Split each round in two. Arrange on baking sheet and bake about 8 minutes or until toasted.
- Adjust heat to broil. Top each toasted pita round with ½ teaspoon cranberry sauce and then about ½ teaspoon cheddar, dividing it evenly among them.
- Broil for 30 seconds to 3 minutes or until cheese is evenly melted. Monitor this closely as they will burn easily. Cool slightly before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s Cranberry Week! See all the other delicious cranberry recipes being shared today (and follow #cranberryweek to see even more):
- Caramel Cranberry & Pear Tart from Kate’s Recipe Box
- Cranberry Cheddar Cheese Appetizer Pitas from Family Around the Table
- Easy Cranberry Mouse from Daily Dish Recipes
- White Chocolate Cranberry Blondie from Simply Inspired Meals