Pumpkin honey bun cake is a seasonal version of a classic treat. Serve it with coffee for breakfast or dessert.
I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #PumpkinWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Honey bun cake is a family favorite so I decided to try a seasonal version and this pumpkin honey bun cake was born. My oldest loves all things pumpkin. Something I’ve really just realized this year because he’s my picky one.
Truth be told, I’m the family member who is not wild about pumpkin. I love how my house smells when anything pumpkin is baking and I love to make it for family and friends. This pumpkin honey bun cake comes together quickly because it starts with a cake mix.
It’s always good to have a few easy desserts in your collection. This pumpkin honey bun cake is one of them. The warmth of the pumpkin pie spice makes this an ideal dessert you will serve all season long.Pumpkin honey bun cake is a seasonal take on a classic treat. Serve it for breakfast or dessert. Perfect for out of town visitors.
If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice you can probably make it from the spices in your pantry. The powdered sugar glaze really finishes off the cake. It adds a bit of sweetness.
This cake is not too sweet to begin with and, truthfully, glazes make everything tastier. When I make glazes for my baked goods I only use Dixie Crystals sugar because it’s smooth to begin with. While I usually sift it sometimes I don’t because Dixie Crystals is so smooth.
Enjoy these #PumpkinWeek recipes from our bloggers:
Dairy Free Iced Coconut Pumpkin Spice Latte from Frugal & Fit
Easy Pumpkin Frappuccino from The Bitter Side of Sweet
Pumpkin Bubble Milk Tea from Daily Dish Recipes
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie from Sweet Beginnings
Pumpkin Red Sangria from Love & Confections
Pumpkin Breakfasts & Baked Goods:
Air Fryer Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes from Blogghetti
Pumpkin Granola from It Bakes Me Happy
Pumpkin Overnight French Toast with Pecan Praline Topping from Food Above Gold
Pumpkin Waffles with Orange Cream Cheese from My Sweet Zepol
Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Bread from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Savory Pumpkin Recipes:
Pumpkin and Cheddar Pierogies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pumpkin and Sausage Tacos from Our Good Life
Pumpkin Mac and Cheese from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Pumpkin Parmesan Risotto with Bacon from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie from Palatable Pastime
Mini Pumpkin Pie Hand Pies from The Beard and The Baker
Pumpkin Butter Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Frosting from The Spiffy Cookie
Pumpkin Cookies and Cream Ice Cream from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Pumpkin Gingersnap Cheesecake from The Redhead Baker
Pumpkin Honey Bun Cake from Family Around the Table
Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Brownies from Big Bear’s Wife
Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles from Creative Southern Home
Pumpkin Honey Bun Cake
Pumpkin honey bun cake is a fall twist on a classic favorite dessert.
- 1 box betty crocker super moist yellow cake
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- ½ cup chopped pecans
Powdered Sugar Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat over to 350 F. Spray bottom and sides of 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, oil, eggs, sour cream, pumpkin and 1 ½ teaspoons of the pumpkin pie spice with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Spread half of the batter in the pan (about 2 ½ cups).
- In small bowl, mix together brown sugar, pecans and remaining 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice; sprinkle evenly over batter in pan. Carefully pour and spread remaining batter over pecan mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until deep golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven to cooling rack. In another small bowl, stir powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until thin enough to spread. Carefully spread powdered sugar mixture over warm cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Store covered.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply