I created this recipe for Honey BBQ Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin for the Budweiser Sauces Ultimate Blogger Recipe Challenge. I received complimentary product to do so, however the opinions are mine alone.
Besides bacon, pork tenderloin is my favorite “other white meat”. When I accepted the challenge to work with the Budweiser BBQ sauces, I wanted to do something different. Something other than burgers, because that seemed like the obvious. I also didn’t want to just slather sauce on ribs and be done. So I decided to combine my two favorites and make Honey BBQ Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin.
Now that summer is here I tend to use barbecue sauce more. Don’t ask me why, it’s just so. After tasting the large variety, I settled on the honey. Honey and pork go well together and I knew my family would enjoy it.
So, a few words about the recipe. You’re probably wondering why I didn’t salt and pepper the tenderloin prior to baking it. A couple of reasons. First, bacon is salty so I didn’t want to add to it. Plus, once you rub on the Budweiser Brewmaster’s Premium Honey BBQ Sauce you would rub much of the seasoning off. Could you season after rubbing on the sauce? Sure but I’m hesitant to do so because I think the meat should always be seasoned first. I didn’t need to secure the bacon but if you do, use tooth picks.
I made this recipe in the oven. You could probably grill this dish but I would suggest indirect heat and only if you are a grill master. Flare ups from the bacon grease could result in uneven cooking or burned bacon. Nobody likes burned bacon. Wrapping the pork tenderloin in back helps to keep it moist. The flavors from roasting in the oven combined with the delicious sauce made for a delicious meal.
You could also use any one of the delicious Budweiser Brewmaster’s Premium Sauces on my pulled pork sandwiches.
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 9 ounces Budweiser Brewmaster's Premium Honey Barbecue Sauce, plus additional for basting
- 8 - 10 strips bacon, uncooked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top. Set aside.
- Rub entire pork tenderloin in Budweiser Brewmaster's Premium Honey Barbecue Sauce.
- Wrap entire pork tenderloin with bacon strips to cover the meat, overlapping if necessary.
- Place pork tenderloin on prepared rack over pan.
- Roast at 350 degrees F until internal temperature reaches between 150 degrees F and 160 degrees F, or desired temperature. Baste with additional Budweiser Brewmaster's Premium Honey Barbecue Sauce twice while roasting
- Let rest before slicing and serving.