At first glance, you may not think Honey BBQ Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin is a simple or easy meal. Well, it is! You can even do some advance prep work so it just pops in the oven when you get home from work.
Pork – The Other White Meat
For many years the National Pork Board used the slogan, “The Other White Meat”. Although pork is “techinically” classified as red meat, it was a campaign that worked well and is still referenced today.
Besides bacon, pork tenderloin is my favorite “other white meat”. Usually I just season a pork tenderloin with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and bake it but I wanted to take this cut to the next level and that’s how honey BBQ bacon wrapped pork tenderloin was born.
During the summer I tend to use barbecue sauce more, than in winter months. Don’t ask me why, it’s just so. I have a small variety of barbecue sauces in my pantry and refrigerator. I settled on the honey BBQ sacue. Honey and pork go well together and I knew my family would enjoy it.
Ingredients for Honey BBQ Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
With only 3 ingredients, this recipe comes together in no time.
- Pork Tenderloin
- Honey Barbecue Sauce
The first time I made this recipe I wrapped the pork tenderloins individually. While it was fine, I decided to keep them together and wrap the bacon around both of them. That was a good move. Both tenderloins were moist and delicious.
When I wrapped the bacon I overlapped each slice a bit and tried to make the loose end wind up on the bottom.
You can use an instant-read meat thermometer for an internal temperature of 145 for the pork to be done.
I don’t suggest making this recipe on the grill unless you are a grill master. The fat from the bacon will definitely cause flare-ups.
Wrapping the pork tenderloin in bacon helps to keep it moist. The flavors from roasting in the oven combined with the barbecue sauce made for a delicious meal.
You can easily prepare this in advance, by wrapping the bacon around the tenderloin, and bake it when you get home from work or kids activities.
What side dishes can I serve with pork tenderloin?
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Balsamic Acorn Squash and Shallots
- Green Beans with Bacon and Caramelized Onions (in case you need more bacon)
More Pork Recipes
DO YOU WANT TO STAY UP TO DATE WITH FAMILY AROUND THE TABLE?
Then, if you like some of the items I use or are just looking for a great gift idea, you need to head over and check out my Amazon Store. Find fun kitchen tools, cookbooks, cocktail accessories, holiday essentials, and much more. If you make a purchase, I received a teeny tiny commission at no additional charge to you.
Honey Barbecue Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 9 ounces Honey Barbecue Sauce plus additional for basting
- 8 – 10 strips bacon uncooked
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top. Set aside.
- Rub entire pork tenderloin in Honey Barbecue Sauce.
- Wrap the entire pork tenderloin with bacon strips to cover the meat, overlapping if necessary.
- Place pork tenderloin on a prepared rack over the pan.
- Roast at 350 degrees F until internal temperature reaches between 150 degrees F and 160 degrees F, or desired temperature. Baste with additional Honey Barbecue Sauce twice while roasting. It should be done in about 1 hour but check the temperature.
- Let rest before slicing and serving.
This post was originally published July 11, 2018 and updated August 1, 2021.