Chocolate cake is a perennial favorite! It’s comfort food in dessert form. This easy triple chocolate cake is perfect for any occasion including birthdays, holidays and more! It’s rich, moist, chocolatey and delicious. Because this decadent cake makes 16 servings it’s perfect for larger gatherings but it keeps well for a few days covered with a cake dome. For added drama you could garnish this cake with fresh raspberries, strawberries or some white chocolate curls.
This cake also makes a great gift to welcome new neighbors to your block.
For variety see the note for the holidays at the end of the recipe.
Easy Triple Chocolate Cake
- 1 package devil's food cake mix
- 1 package (4 serving size) chocolate instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Chocoalte Glaze, optional
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 F. oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert cake onto wire rack. Cool completely.
- For the glaze:
- Mix sugar, milk and butter in small saucepan on medium heat. Stirring constantly on medium heat, bring to a boil and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla extract until chips are melted. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.
To mix it up a bit:
For the holidays substitute peppermint extract for the vanilla. Add 1 teaspoon to the cake mix and ½ teaspoon to the glaze. Garnish with crushed peppermints.
Leave a Reply