I think many would agree that peanut butter and chocolate are delicious flavor pairings. I know it’s one of my favorite flavor combinations.
This chocolate peanut butter Bundt cake with peanut butter glaze is sure to please your sweetheart, friends, and family. It’s made from scratch with pantry staples.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, an Instacart Tastemaker, as well as a member of other various affiliate programs, I earn a nominal commission if products are purchased through links at no additional charge to you.
Chocolate peanut butter Bundt cake with peanut butter glaze is a rich chocolate cake studded with peanut butter chips. It’s sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Ingredients for Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake with Peanut Butter Glaze
If you are someone who bakes regularly, there’s a really good chance you have all of the ingredients on hand.
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Confectioners’ Sugar
- Creamy Peanut Butter
What can I substitute for buttermilk?
There really is no substitute but you can easily make it. Combine milk and either white vinegar OR lemon juice.
To save yourself a trip to the store, put 1 Tablespoon of the white vinegar OR lemon juice in a measuring cup. Using the milk fill to the one cup line. Gently stir the mixture and let it sit for 5 minutes…use a timer! This will allow the milk to curdle slightly, giving it a buttermilk texture and taste.
Even though my family does not have the same affection for peanut butter, they like it but don’t love it, I do make recipes using the two ingredients often.
Mini peanut butter filled cupcakes and peanut butter truffle cookies, which are gluten-free, are favorites. This chocolate peanut butter Bundt cake with peanut butter glaze is a peanut butter lover’s dream dessert.
The cake is made from scratch and has peanut butter chips in the batter. I found the recipe in my Mom’s recipe box but I added the peanut butter glaze.
Tips and Substitutions
- Don’t skip greasing the Bundt pan. This step is a necessity if you want it to come out in one piece.
- If you’re short on time you can skip the glaze and finish the cake with a simple dusting of powdered sugar.
- No peanut butter chips? You can certainly substitute chocolate chips. I would suggest semi-sweet.
Chocolate peanut butter Bundt cake with peanut butter glaze is a rich chocolate cake studded with peanut butter chips and topped with an amazing glaze. It’s sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
The glaze would also be delicious on cupcakes or drizzled over a chocolate or peanut butter cookie. I’ve even used it on homemade donuts and topping homemade cinnamon rolls with it would be delicious too.
I love recipes that come together as easy as this one does. It’s perfect for a weeknight dessert, for a potluck or tailgate party on game day and impressive enough for a dinner party.
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card below.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake with Peanut Butter Glaze
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
Peanut Butter Glaze
- 1 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 – 3 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 325℉. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix sugar, butter, and eggs until light and fluffy. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325℉. for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes and then remove from pan to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cool, drizzle with peanut butter glaze.
- Make the Glaze: In a medium bowl mix the confectioners’ sugar and peanut butter. Gradually add milk until drizzling consistency. Mix until smooth and drizzle over Bundt cake.