Mounds cake is a take on the popular candy bar by the same name. It’s perfect for any special occasion or, especially, an Easter celebration.
The first time I made this Mounds Cake it was a hit. I wrote the recipe out on a recipe card and tucked it in my treasured recipe box. I promptly forgot about it for a few years.
It wasn’t until I was talking with a friend that I was reminded of it. I thought it would be a delicious dessert for Easter. I usually make my Rave Review Coconut Cake but my family wanted a change.
For this cake, I used the regular size of Mounds candy bars. Less time to chop them up. Plus, snack-size is a little harder to find this time of year. Although at Halloween, they are abundant. If you need to use up some Mounds Easter eggs from those baskets making this cake would be a good option.
I have a fair collection of Bundt pans but I love making this cake in my star Bundt pan. It really is one of my favorite pans that I own.
While you could put a glaze on it a dusting of powdered sugar is really all this cake needs. I use this pan for my Apple Harvest Pound Cake with Caramel Glaze too.
- 1 package yellow cake mix, without pudding
- 1 small package white chocolate or French vanilla pudding mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream (or plain yogurt, not Greek)
- 8 snack-sized or 4 regular-sized Mounds candy bars, chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-cup Bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, oil, water and eggs. Stir until most of the lumps are gone.
- Stir in the sour cream, then the candy bars, chocolate chips, and coconut. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Before serving dust with confectioners' sugar.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.