I love making homemade food gifts for family and friends for the holidays. I put on Christmas music, gather my recipes and ingredients and get to work. This peanut butter fudge is always a hit and the recipient has no idea just how easy it is to make. So easy, in fact, my oldest son made this batch. He’s 13. It always makes me happy to have my boys in the kitchen. They seem to enjoy it too.
This is not a typical fudge. It does not get completely firm like other fudge recipes. It’s a softer fudge that melts in your mouth with a smooth creamy texture and lots of peanut butter flavor. When you prepare it be sure you incorporate all the peanut butter goodness. Stir it well to get it mixed. Do the same with the powdered sugar.
When I do give this as a gift I like to wrap it individual candy bags and tie with festive ribbon and a tag. Or I include a few pieces in a tin with other goodies like cookies or bark.
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, plus more for buttering the pan
- 1 (16 ounce) jar creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine corn syrup and butter in a 2 quart saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring, until butter melts. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Return to low heat and cook and stir until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla continuing to stir, with a wooden spoon, until smooth. Spread into a greased 8-inch square baking dish. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before cutting into 1-inch squares.
It is not recommended to use natural peanut butter for this recipe.
- Coconut Macaroon Tarts by Asian In America
- Cranberry Coffee Cake by Food Done Light
- Mini Pumpkin Breads by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Snowman Poop by Palatable Pastime
- A Trio of Brittle by The Freshman Cook
- Homemade Peanut Brittle by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Homemade Twix Bars by Pies and Plots
- Peanut Butter Fudge by Family Around The Table
- Superfoods Fruit & Nut Bites by My Life Cookbook
- Toffee Candied Peanuts by New South Charm
- Turron de Jijona (Spanish Soft Nougat) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Espresso Fudge by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Peppermint Bark Candy by Life Tastes Good
- Peppermint Bark Popcorn by A Mind “Full” Mom
Jams, Syrups, Drinks
- Blood and Sand Jam by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Creamy Lemoncello by Monica’s Table
- Warm Gingerbread Syrup by Food Lust People Love